Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
The banner of Altara is two golden leopards on a field checked four-by-four in red and blue.
Altara is in the south-central part of the Westlands on the coast of the Sea of Storms. The River Eldar is the western border between Altara and Amadicia.
Altara is ruled by Queen Tylin from the Throne of the Winds in the Tarasin Palace in Ebou Dar. In reality, however, her power extends little beyond Ebou Dar and the various powerful Houses of the land are largely autonomous.
- NS,Ch14 - The Blue Ajah is also a bit at odds with the White and Yellow over something that happened in Altara a hundred years before.
- TFoH,Prologue - Danelle reports to Elaida and her Council that Pedron Niall is conducting negotiations trying to get Altara and Murandy to cede land to Illian.
- TFoH,Ch40 - Galad agrees to help Nynaeve and Elayne find a boat to Altara because he thinks they have agreed to go to Caemlyn.
- TFoH,Ch56 - Morgase and her party leave Sehar and head for Cormaed where they can take a ferry across the River Eldar from Altara to Amadicia.
- LoC,Prologue - Pedron Niall sends Jaichim Carridin to Altara to stir up trouble in Altara and Murandy.
- LoC,Ch7 - Tylin is Queen of Altara.
- LoC,Ch9 - Niall gets a report that Carridin is doing well causing trouble in Altara and Murandy.
- LoC,Ch34 - In Tel'aran'rhiod, Egwene rides a dream Bela through Altara to Salidar.
- LoC,Ch38 - Mat and the Band of the Red Hand arrive in Altara and near Salidar.
- LoC,Ch47 - Queen Tylin rules Altara from the Throne of the Winds.
- LoC,Ch52 - The Salidar Aes Sedai and the Band of the Red Hand move through northern Altara.
- ACoS,Ch7 - Bashere has reports of Mat's army in Murandy or Altara.
- ACoS,Ch12 - Egwene and the Salidar Aes Sedai have seen murder and anarchy all across Altara and have heard stories of the same in Tarabon and Arad Doman.
- ACoS,Ch15 - Pedron Niall ordered Carridin to cause turmoil in Altara and Murandy so the Whitecloaks could come in and save the day.
- ACoS,Ch38 - Altara holds an annual celebration called Maddin's Day honoring the founder of Altara.
- WH,Ch1 - Balwer picks up a story that the Seanchan were soundly defeated and driven out of Altara.
- CoT,Ch5 � Following the Shaido, Perrin and his forces cross the River Eldar into northern Altara.
- CoT,Ch9 � The Shaido settle in the city of Malden in far north Altara.
- CoT,Ch28 - Mat and Valan Luca's circus travel the Great North Road across southern Altara.
- CoT,Ch13 � At the age of fifteen, Dyelin successfully led her House against raiders from Altara and Murandy.
- CoT,Ch29 - The Damona Mountains line the border between Altara and Murandy.
- KoD,Prologue � Captain-General Galgan does not mind Suroth conscripting most of the raken as long as she leaves most of the to'raken for his campaigns in Altara and Illian.
- KoD,Ch12 � Perrin gets a fine map of Altara from Captain Blasic Faloun.
- KoD,Ch20 � Coins in Altara and Murandy are lighter than those of other nations.
- KoD,Ch25 � After finishing their commission with King Roedran of Murandy, Talmanes sent half of the Band of the Red Hand north into Andor and took the rest into Altara to look for Mat.
- KoD,Epilogue � General Galgan signs an order to return the raken from Tarabon to Amadicia and Altara.