Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Map: A map of Malden and the surrounding area is available in KoD hc pp. 604-605.
Malden is a city in northern Altara. The city is about four hundred paces wide and is surrounded by a stone wall. There is a huge cistern built into the northern wall fed by an aqueduct from a lake five miles east. Lady Cairen's fortress sits in the northeast corner. A road leads north and south. Its main commerce is wool and wine. The slate-roofed houses are built of timber or stone.
Stores, Inns, Manor Houses
- CoT,Ch8 � Perrin's scouts find the Shaido camped in the city of Malden.
- CoT,Ch9 � The Shaido plan to stay in Malden indefinitely.
- CoT,Ch25 � Perrin has a map of Malden obtained from residents who fled the Shaido.
- KoD,Prologue � Gaul and Neald kidnap Galina while she is riding outside Malden. Perrin has her verify the accuracy of his maps of Malden.
- KoD,Prologue � The fortress at the northeast corner of Malden belonged to Lady Cairen.
- KoD,Ch5 � The Shaido live in camps around Malden and usually only enter the city for water or other supplies.
- KoD,Ch26 � Perrin and his Seanchan allies dump tons of forkroot into the aqueduct that supplies water to Malden. A small force makes its way through the aqueduct, out the cistern and into the fortress.
- KoD,Ch26 � Faile agrees to meet Galina in a building in the south part of Malden that is mostly burned out.
- KoD,Ch28 � Galina traps Faile and her party in the burned out building
- KoD,Ch29 � Perrin sets up his forces around Malden and begins his attack.
- KoD,Ch30 � With the Wise Ones disabled, the Two Rivers archers and damane overwhelm the Shaido around Malden and quickly defeat them.
- TGS,Prologue � Perrin gathers his troops and the refugees to march north, away from Malden.