Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
A city in Andor. It is on the west bank of the Erinin River. A road west goes to Caemlyn. A road northwest goes to Cairhien. The town is surrounded by a wall and has several tarred-timber docks for river traffic. The main streets are paved with flat stones. Aringill is larger than the Cairhienin town across the river, Maerone.
Stores, Inns, Manor Houses
- TDR,Ch30 - Once Mat escapes Tar Valon, he intends to head for Aringill, then Caemlyn.
- TDR,Ch32 - Mat and Thom book passage from Tar Valon to Aringill on the Gray Gull.
- TDR,Ch40 - Mat and Thom arrive at Aringill and head west.
- TDR,Ch40 - Aringill is larger than the town across the river.
- TDR,Ch46 - Gaebril's men find the Blue Crane at Aringill, but the girls are long gone.
- TDR,Ch47 - Mat and Thom agree that the fastest way to Tear is to catch a ship at Aringill.
- TDR,Ch49 - Mat and Thom book passage on the Swift at Aringill.
- LoC,Prologue - Aringill is larger than Maerone across the river.
- LoC,Ch5 - A Sea Folk ship, the White Spray, docks at Aringill and a Wavemistress and her Swordmaster disembark.
- LoC,Ch5 - Aringill and Maerone are nine hundred miles north of the Sea of Storms.
- LoC,Ch24 - There are rumors in Cairhien that Andorans in Aringill have declared for Dyelin.
- WH,Prologue - Naean and Elenia are still imprisoned in Aringill.
- WH,Ch7 - Elayne has Naean and Elenia moved from Aringill to Caemlyn in secret. On the way their guards are killed and they are freed.
- CoT,Ch15 � As a condition to gaining their freedom, Arymilla forces Naean and Elenia to sign letters of support.
- KoD,Ch13 � After Naean and Elenia escape from Aringill, Captain Kindlin gives Lieutenant Charlz Guybon permission to travel to Caemlyn with some troops to support Elayne.