Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Map: A map of Andor is available in TEotW hc p. 144, pb p. 172, and in the Guide, p. 241.
Andor is located in the center of the Westlands. Murandy is to the south. Its western border is the Mountains of Mist. Its eastern border is the Erinin River. To the north is the Caralain Grass. The sign of Andor is the White Lion.
Andor is ruled by a queen.
Past and current rulers:
Rand has held Andor for Elayne since Morgase's disappearance. Elayne has since returned to Caemlyn, although she has not been crowned.
As with most nations of the Westlands, there are numerous strong noble Houses that wield influence. In Andor there are nineteen strong Houses as well as some four hundred minor Houses. Known Houses are listed below.
Ankarin - Carlys
Armaghn - Dawlin
Maran - Jailin
Matherin - Aedmun, Nelein
Raened - Daerilla
Talkend - Eram
- NS,Ch1 - Lan and Bukama were in Cairhien, Andor and Tear for two years fighting the Aiel War.
- NS,Ch12 � After the Aiel War Lan and Bukama bypass Tar Valon and tour Andor and Tear for a few months.
- TGH,Prologue - High ranking officers of the Queen's Guards wear golden lion-head spurs.
- TDR,Ch37 - Andor and Cairhien have fought nearly as many wars as Illian and Tear, but they are currently on good terms.
- TDR,Ch45 - The relationship between Tar Valon and Andor worsened since Lord Gaebril arrived.
- TSR,Ch1 - Elaida had a Foretelling that the Royal line of Andor is the key to winning the Last Battle.
- TSR,Ch41 - Raen tells Perrin that his band of Tinkers traveled from Cairhien to Ghealdan to Andor in the past year.
- TFoH,Ch33 - There are Andoran soldiers in Cairhien. They want take the Sun Throne for Morgase.
- LoC,Ch1 � The sign of House Sarand is the Golden Boar.
- LoC,Ch1 � The sign of House Arawn is silver Triple Keys.
- LoC,Ch1 � The sign of House Caeren is the Star and Sword.
- ACoS,Prologue - The Whitecloaks plan to move on Andor soon.
- ACoS,Ch3 - Rand intends the thrones of Andor and Cairhien for Elayne.
- ACoS,Ch7 - Dyelin Taravin has imprisoned Naean Arawn and Elenia Sarand for claiming the Andor throne.
- ACoS,Ch11 - Gareth Bryne says the Salidar Aes Sedai will reach Andor in about ten days.
- WH,Prologue - The sign of House Taravin is the Owl and Oak.
- WH,Ch25 - Alanna tells Rand the Andor may or may not support him after Elayne is firmly in control.
- CoT,Prologue � The Whitecloaks in Amadicia hear rumors of an Andoran army in Murandy.
- CoT,Ch11 � House Matherin is rather weak. Lord Aedmun heads House Matherin.
- CoT,Ch11 � Succession in Andor is normally straightforward. House Mantear only lost the throne to House Trakand because Tigraine disappeared.
- CoT,Ch11 - So far, Elayne only has Houses Trakand and Taravin locked. Dyelin has promised Carand, Coelan, Renshar, Norwelyn, Pendar and Traemane, but the first three really want Dyelin and the latter three are keeping quiet.
- CoT,Ch13 � The High Seats of Houses Gilyard, Haevin, Mantear and Northan pledge their Houses to Elayne. House Candread is undecided.
- CoT,Ch14 � Halwin Norry reports to Elayne that Houses Arawn, Marne and Sarand have taken out huge loans against their holdings.
- CoT,Ch15 � Houses Arawn, Anshar, Baryn, Caeren, Marne and Sarand side with Arymilla. The sign of House Sarand is two Golden Boars. The sign of House Anshar is a Red Fox. The sign of House Baryn is a silver Winged Hammer. The sign of House Arawn is the Triple Keys. The sign of House Caeren is the Sword and Star. The sign of House Marne is Four Moons.
- KoD,Ch11 � While their main push is toward Illian, the Seanchan have a full army on the Murandy border to prevent attack from Murandy or Andor.
- KoD,Ch17 � House Mantear held the Lion Throne before House Trakand. House Norwelyn preceded Mantear.
- KoD,Ch17 � House signs: Haevin Blue Bear, Northan Eagles, Mantear Anvil, Marne four Silver Moons.
- KoD,Ch24 � The Great Winter War was fought between Andor and Cairhien in 671 NE.
- KoD,Ch25 � After finishing their commission with King Roedran of Murandy, Talmanes sent half of the Band of the Red Hand north into Andor and took the rest into Altara to look for Mat.
- KoD,Ch27 � The next major push for the Seanchan is to retake Illian. They have an army stationed in the Molvaine Gap to avert attack from Murandy or Andor.
- KoD,Ch32 � The sign of House Mantear is the silver Anvil. The sign of House Northan is Black Eagles. The sign of House Gilyard is Red Leopards.
- KoD,Ch33 � The sign of House Caeren is a red star and silver sword on black.
- KoD,Ch35 � The sign of House Norwelyn is a Silver Salmon. The sign of House Renshar is three Golden Hounds. The sign of House Coelan is twined red Roses. The sign of House Carand is three Golden Arrows. The sign of House Traemane is the golden-antlered White Stag. The sign of House Pendar is three Golden Stars. The sign of House Trakand is a Keystone.
- TGS,Ch9 � Once the Asha'man are sufficiently recovered, Perrin plans to Travel to Cairhien or Andor to find Rand.
- TGS,Ch30 � Lelaine questions Gawyn on taxing the estates of House Traemane.
- ToM,Ch34 - The Kainec Protocol cites Andoran law related to mercenaries.
- AMoL,Prologue � Lord Jarid�s men finally abandon him to fight for Andor at the Last Battle.