Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Taren Ferry is a town in Andor in the region known as the Two Rivers. It sits along the Taren River, which runs west to east here, and provides the only ferry across the river. The road north goes to Baerlon and the road south goes to Watch Hill. To the west are the Sand Hills and beyond them the Mountains of Mist. Upriver, there is Eldrene's Veil.
Houses in Taren Ferry are tall and narrow, built on high stone foundations to escape the annual spring flooding.
Stores, Inns, Manor Houses
- TEotW,Ch3 - Most Two Rivers folk do not trust Taren Ferry residents thinking them dishonest.
- TEotW,Ch4 - Because of all the trouble in the news, the Emond's Field Village Council will send men to Deven Ride, Watch Hill and Taren Ferry to keep watch.
- TEotW,Ch11 - Taren Ferry people have a reputation for slyness and trickery. They have strange names like Hilltop and Stoneboat.
- TEotW,Ch11 - Moiraine and her party pass through Taren Ferry in the night. She wrecks the ferry after they cross the Taren River.
- TSR,Ch1 - Dain Bornhald and the Whitecloaks passivate Taren Ferry.
- TSR,Ch45 - Taren Ferry is wiped out in a Trolloc attack.
- TSR,Ch53 - In the wolf dream, Perrin visits Taren Ferry and sees that it is, indeed, destroyed, but the ferry is still workable.
- TSR,Ch56 - Padan Fain orchestrated the Trolloc attack on Taren Ferry so that people would escape and bring word to Rand. The town is destroyed.
- LoC,Prologue - People from the surrounding area rebuild Taren Ferry and repopulate it. Elwinn Taron becomes the Wisdom.
- ACoS,Ch8 - Mayoral races in Taren Ferry are hotly contested.
- KoD,Ch29 � When Tam comes to aid Perrin, men from Emond's Field Deven Ride, Watch Hill, Taren Ferry and outlanders as well volunteer.
- AMoL,Ch1 � A wind rises in the Mountains of Mist and blows eastward across the Westwood and Taren Ferry, along the road from Baerlon to Whitebridge into central Andor. There is nothing left of Taren Ferry but burned ruins.