Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Map: A map of Arafel is available in TEotW hc p. 578, pb p. 688.
One of the Borderlands. The Mora River forms the eastern border between Shienar and Arafel. The main road between Chachin and Shol Arbela passes through the Firchon Pass and is guarded by the Silverwall Keeps. The sign of Arafel is three white roses on a field of red, quartered with three red roses on a field of white.
The nation of Arafel was formed early in the War of the Hundred Years. The governors of Hawkwing's five northern provinces met and agreed to form stable nations to preserve the peace and defend against the Blight. Mahira Svetanya was the first Queen of Arafel.
Arafel lies south of the Blight between Kandor and Shienar.
Arafel is ruled by King Paitar Nachiman.
- TWoTRPG - Information on the history and culture of Arafel.
- NS,Ch16 � Ryne Venamar now dresses and acts like an Arafellin.
- NS,Epilogue - After they leave Chachin, Lan and Moiraine head to Arafel.
- TEotW,Glossary - The sign of Arafel is three white roses on a field of red, quartered with three red roses on a field of white.
- TDR,Ch29 - Arafellins sometimes have a strange sense of honor.
- TFoH,Ch25 - Egwene finds a report in Elaida's study that says there are minor rebellions in Shienar and Arafel.
- TFoH,Ch26 - Kiruna Sedai is sister to the king of Arafel.
- LoC,Ch7 - The fighting in Arafel and Shienar seems to be abating.
- ACoS,Ch36 - Samitsu is from Arafel.
- WH,Ch9 - A merchant reports to Dyelin that there are thousands of Arafellin, Kandori and Shienarans in Braem Wood.
- CoT,Prologue - The bells in Samitsu's hair were made in Jakanda.
- KoD,Ch9 � Noal Charin tells stories of Shol Arbela, the City of Ten Thousand Bells, in Arafel.
- ToM,Ch42 - The Silverwall Keeps is a fortress on the Firchon Pass just inside the border with Kandor. It protects access to Shol Arbela from the west.