Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
The Great Blight
A region in the far north, entirely corrupted by the Dark One. A haunt of Trollocs, Myrddraal, and other creatures of the Dark One.
- NS,Ch12 � After the Aiel War, Lan agrees to spend a few months in the south with Bukama before returning to his battle with the Blight.
- NS,Ch15 � Lan and Bukama flip coins and choose to travel through Kandor to the Blight.
- NS,Ch21 � In the Borderlands it is common for raging thunderstorms to come out of the Blight.
- NS,Ch22 � Lan and Brys saved each other's lives in the Blight.
- ]NS,Epilogue] � Lan agrees to forego his battle with the Blight to be bonded to Moiraine and fight a larger battle.
- TEotW,Ch46 - Scouts report that the Blight is unusually active with many new Trolloc camps.
- TEotW,Ch48 - Moiraine and her party ride through the Blight.
- TEotW,Ch49 - Denizens of the Blight viciously attack Moiraine's party.
- TEotW,Ch53 - The Blight is greatly weakened after Rand's victories.
- TSR,Ch17 - The Blight has retreated two miles across all the Borderlands.
- TSR,Ch53 - Lord Luc claims to have spent many days fighting Trollocs in the Blight.
- TFoH,Prologue - Alviarin comments to Elaida and her Council that the Blight seems to be unusually quiet.
- LoC,Ch20 - Two Ogier stedding, Stedding Chandar and Stedding Sherandu, were swallowed by the Blight.
- LoC,Ch23 - Sammael comments that jumara are loose in the Blight.
- TPoD,Prologue - The Borderlands leaders note that the Blight has been very quiet lately.
- WH,Ch9 - Halwin Norry reports to Elayne that the Blight is still unusually quiet.
- WH,Ch27 - The Borderlanders believe that the Last Battle will be fought in the Blight.
- KoD,Ch20 � In the Trolloc Wars the Shadow used Tarwin's Gap to move armies of Trollocs from the Blight.
- TGS,Prologue � Moridin brings Graendal, Demandred and Mesaana to a fortress of black stone in the far northeast Blight. There is a garrison of soldiers there.
- TGS,Ch22 � Rand inspects the Blight in northern Saldaea. The Blight is moving south.
- TGS,Ch42 � There are reports that Trollocs are massing in the Blight so they are probably at Tarwin's Gap as well.