Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Pronunciation: SHAY-ol GHOOL
A mountain in the Blasted Lands in the valley of Thakan'dar, the site of the Dark One's prison. A tunnel leads down to the fiery Pit of Doom where the barrier between the real world and the Dark One's prison is thinnest.
- TEotW,Ch9 - Rand dreams of Thakan'dar and Shayol Ghul.
- TEotW,Ch14 - The strange room where Ba'alzamon brings Rand in his dreams appears to be near Shayol Ghul.
- TEotW,Ch47 - Padan Fain was brought to Shayol Ghul where he met Ba'alzamon and was imprinted to follow Rand.
- TEotW,Ch51 - Aginor tells Rand that whoever brings him to Shayol Ghul will receive great rewards from Ba'alzamon.
- TGH,Prologue - Ba'alzamon hosts the Darkfriend social near Shayol Ghul.
- TGH,Ch11 - The Fade wanted to take the Horn of Valere to Shayol Ghul until Fain overpowered it.
- TGH,Ch26 - The Karaethon Cycle says,
"Twice dawns the day when his blood is shed.
Once for mourning, once for birth.
Red on black, the Dragon's blood stains the rock of Shayol Ghul.
In the Pit of Doom shall his blood free men from the Shadow."
- TGH,Ch38 - Liandrin tells Egwene and Nynaeve that they must accompany her because the boys are in danger from Shayol Ghul.
- TDR,Ch5 - Rand quotes the Karaethon Cycle, "The blood of the Dragon Reborn on the rocks of Shayol Ghul will free mankind from the Shadow."
- TDR,Ch20 - Siuan tells Mat that Shayol Ghul wants the Horn of Valere.
- TDR,Ch56 - Moiraine tells Mat that the Dark One is not dead. He is still bound in Shayol Ghul, but three of the seals are broken.
- TFoH,Ch4 - Rand thinks of Shayol Ghul as he falls asleep.
- TFoH,Ch19 - Padan Fain tells Alviarin about his trip to Thakan'dar and Shayol Ghul.
- LoC,Prologue - Demandred is summoned to an audience with the Great Lord at Shayol Ghul. Seventeen days later he passes on the Great Lord's commands.
- LoC,Prologue - In the Age of Legends, Shayol Ghul was an idyllic island in a cool sea, a favorite of those who enjoyed the rustic.
- LoC,Ch6 - Graendal first took Sammael to Shayol Ghul.
- LoC,Ch6 - Graendal has, herself, been to Shayol Ghul and been promised Nae'blis.
- LoC,Ch6 - Semirhage was summoned to Shayol Ghul and told to obey Shaidar Haran.
- ACoS,Ch25 - Channeling at Shayol Ghul without explicit permission from the Dark One is a near guarantee of death.
- ACoS,Ch25 - Mindtraps can only be created in the Pit of Doom.
- WH,Ch13 - Moridin meets with the other Forsaken near Shayol Ghul. Things from the Age of Legends such as view-walls, shocklances and sho-wings can no longer be made outside of this special place.
- TGS,Ch5 � Rand believes that one of the wounds in his side will spill his blood at Shayol Ghul.