Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Illian is located in the south-central part of the Westlands.
Near the end of the War of the Hundred Years, Lord Nicoli Merseneos den Ballin captured the city of Illian and created a kingdom of the same name. His family ruled Illian for three hundred years.
Illian is jointly ruled by a King and a Council of Nine Lords. The King is Mattin Stepaneos den Balgar - replaced by Rand al'Thor after his disappearance.
Council of Nine
- TWoTRPG - Information on the history and culture of Illian.
- TGH,Prologue - Illianer noblewomen typically wear dresses low cut in the bodice and golden slippers.
- TGH,Ch8 - Illian and Tear fought two wars between 957 NE and 976 NE.
- TDR,Ch32 - High Lord Samon of Tear is instilling a hatred of Illian and Tar Valon in his people.
- TSR,Ch6 - Moiraine wants Rand to make war against Illian and Sammael.
- TSR,Ch8 - Rand orders the High Lords to negotiate with Mayene for ships to carry grain to Illian.
- TSR,Ch21 - Moiraine still wants Rand to move against Illian and Sammael.
- TSR,Ch47 - Siuan receives a report that two Aes Sedai disappeared in Illian.
- TFoH,Prologue - Danelle reports to Elaida and her Council that Pedron Niall is conducting negotiations trying to get Altara and Murandy to cede land to Illian.
- TFoH,Ch2 - Rand is cautious about the idea of challenging Sammael in Illian.
- TFoH,Ch3 - Asmodean confirms to Rand that Sammael is in Illian.
- TFoH,Ch15 - Pedron Niall claims credit for resolving a dispute between Murandy and Illian.
- TFoH,Ch41 - Weiramon reports to Rand that pirates and bandits from Illian are causing trouble at Tairen ports and on the Plains of Maredo.
- TFoH,Ch41 - Mattin Stepaneos den Balgar is king of Illian, though he shares power with the Council of Nine and the Assemblage.
- TFoH,Ch56 - Thinking of Sammael in Illian, the rest of the Forsaken and the Seanchan, Rand tells Bashere that there will be blood and death before there is peace.
- LoC,Ch25 - Gawyn is surprised to find Egwene in Cairhien. He thought she was in Illian.
- WH,Prologue - Rand chooses Gregorin den Lushenos to be his steward in Illian.
- WH,Ch32 - Verin tells Rand that the Seanchan are moving back into Illian.
- CoT,Ch3 - After they detect the powerful channeling to the north, Joline wants to change their plans and head east to Illian instead.
- CoT,Ch18 � Salidar Aes Sedai agents report that Lord Gregorin in Illian is once again threatened by the Seanchan.
- CoT,Ch23 � Many of the Tairen High Lords are still in Illian.
- CoT,Ch28 - The Seanchan are returning to Illian in force.
- CoT,Ch30 � Yellow Ajah agents for the Salidar Aes Sedai discover that there are hundreds of Sea Folk Windfinders in Illian.
- KoD,Prologue � Captain-General Galgan does not mind Suroth conscripting most of the raken as long as she leaves most of the to'raken for his campaigns in Altara and Illian.
- KoD,Ch11 � While their main push is toward Illian, the Seanchan have a full army on the Murandy border to prevent attack from Murandy or Andor.
- KoD,Ch18 � Rand sends Asha'man to Illian in case he cannot make a truce with the Seanchan.
- KoD,Ch22 � Following the death of Nesta din Reas Two Moons, the Sea Folk gather at the ports of Tear and Illian. The election for the new Mistress of the Ships is held at Illian.
- KoD,Ch27 � The next major push for the Seanchan is to retake Illian. They have an army stationed in the Molvaine Gap to avert attack from Murandy or Andor.