Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Map: A map of Kandor is available in TEotW hc p. 578, pb p. 688.
Kandor is one of the Borderlands. It lies between Saldaea and Arafel. The sign of Kandor is a rearing red horse on a field of pale green. The Plain of Lances runs across the north of Kandor.
The nation of Kandor was formed early in the War of the Hundred Years. The governors of Hawkwing's five northern provinces met and agreed to form stable nations to preserve the peace and defend against the Blight. Jarel Soukovni was the first King of Kandor.
Kandor is ruled by Queen Ethenielle. She holds the Throne of the Clouds in the Aesdaishar Palace in the capital of Chachin.
As with most nations of the Westlands, there are numerous strong noble Houses that wield influence. Known Houses of Kandor are listed below.
Kandor maintains watch towers along the Blight. These towers use a mirror system to signal warnings of Shadowspawn to each other and inland to Chachin.
- Barklan Tower
- Farmay Tower
- Heeth Tower
- Rena Tower
- TWoTRPG - Information on the history and culture of Kandor.
- NS,Ch15 � Lan and Bukama flip a coin and decide to travel to the Blight through Kandor.
- NS,Ch17 � Moiraine's search for the Dragon Reborn brings her to Kandor as well.
- TGH,Ch4 - There was a false Dragon in Kandor a couple of years ago but he could not channel.
- TDR,Prologue - Pedron Niall wonders about reports of Aiel as far west as Kandor and Ghealdan.
- TSR,Ch13 - There is a guild for merchants in Kandor. Master merchants wear three silver across their chest.
- TPoD,Ch20 - Lan mistakes Birgitte for Kandori because of her clothes.
- WH,Prologue - In Caemlyn, Birgitte pretends to be from Kandor.
- WH,Ch9 - A merchant reports to Dyelin that there are thousands of Arafellin, Kandori and Shienarans in Braem Wood.
- TGS,Ch18 � The rebels send a sister to Kandor to collect their tribute, but the clerk angrily reports that he already paid the tribute to a sister from the White Tower.
- ToM,Prologue � Northern Kandor has a series of fortified signal towers that allow quick communications between Chachin and the Blight border. An army of Shadowspawn attacks the towers.
- ToM,Ch7 - Lan and Bulen ride across the Plain of Lances.
- ToM,Epilogue - Barriga arrives at Heeth Tower to find it fallen. His caravan is overrun by Shadowspawn.