Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Once a nation of the Borderlands, Malkier lay north of Shienar and Arafel. Its banner was the Golden Crane. It was swallowed by the Blight in 955 NE.
The nation of Malkier was formed early in the War of the Hundred Years. The governors of Hawkwing's five northern provinces met and agreed to form stable nations to preserve the peace and defend against the Blight. Shevar Jamelle was the first King of Malkier.
Malkier was located in the far northeast of the Westlands.
Malkier was ruled by al'Akir Mandragoran when it was overrun. His son Lan would have been king of Malkier.
- TWoTRPG - Information on the history and culture of Malkier.
- NS,Ch1 � The sword of Malkieri kings was wrought with the One Power.
- NS,Ch1 � When the Blight overruns Malkier, twenty men were assigned to save the baby Lan. Only five made it out.
- NS,Ch1 � As they reach adulthood, Malkieri men wear a leather headband called hadori.
- NS,Ch15 � Many surviving Malkieri have abandoned their native customs and adopted the ways of the lands where they live.
- NS,Ch16 � Lan learns that Edeyn Arrel is traveling about to once again raise the banner of the Golden Crane.
- NS,Ch22 � Edeyn Arrel pledges herself to Lan as King of Malkier.
- NS,Ch22 � Many Malkieri nobles still reside in the court of the Aesdaishar Palace and keep to their customs.
- NS,Ch25 - Shortly after the War of the Hundred Years, the Malkieri pledged that they would ride when the White Tower called.
- NS,Ch25 - When the Blight overran Malkier, the White Tower sent a hundred Aes Sedai to help but they arrived too late. The White Tower officially denied any involvement rather than admit failure.
- TEotW,Ch47 - Agelmar tells the story of the fall of Malkier.
- TSR,Ch23 - The Aiel call Lan Aan'allein, One Man, because he is the last of the Malkieri.
- ACoS,Ch12 - Coin peppers are popular in Shienar and Malkier.
- KoD,Ch9 � Noal tells stories about the Seven Towers in Malkier.
- KoD,Ch20 � Nynaeve visits towns of Saldaea getting commitment from those of Malkieri heritage to ride with Lan to Fal Moran.
- KoD,Ch23 � There are few Malkieri Aes Sedai. Many died in schemes to avenge the fall to the Blight and there were few replacements because Aes Sedai failed to aid Malkier.