Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
The capital city of Murandy. It lies on the River Reisendrelle where it joins the River Storn. The Jehannah Road runs west to Jehannah. The Silver Road runs south to Illian. Another road (the Lugard Road at the Caemlyn end) runs east to Four Kings and Caemlyn. The eastern gate of Lugard is the Shilene Gate.
Stores, Inns, Manor Houses
- TEotW,Ch4 - Tam tells Rand that a straight line from Tar Valon to Ghealdan would pass just east of the Two Rivers, but it is silly to think that the Aes Sedai going after Logain would travel cross-country through the Forest of Shadows instead of taking the road through Caemlyn and Lugard.
- TGH,Ch4 - The country of Murandy is more a loose collection of city-states. The people of Lugard call themselves Lugarders rather than Murandians.
- TGH,Ch21 - Maglin Madwen, innkeeper of The Nine Rings in Tremonsien, was originally from Lugard.
- TDR,Ch33 - A road runs from Jehannah to Lugard, passing through Remen where it crosses the Manetherendrelle.
- TDR,Ch40 - Aludra plans to go to Lugard.
- TFoH,Ch11 - Siuan, Leane, Min and Logain enter the Shilene Gate and pass through Lugard.
- TFoH,Ch12 - Gareth Bryne and his men pass through Lugard and head west on the Jehannah Road following them.
- ACoS,Ch11 - Egwene and Salidar Aes Sedai are in Murandy at the end of the Cumbar Hills south of Lugard.
- TPoD,Ch21 - The Silver Road, a major thoroughfare of commerce, leads from Illian to Lugard.
- WH,Ch9 - Halwin Norry reports to Elayne that King Roedran is building an army in Lugard.
- WH,Ch32 - While Rand listens in The Golden Wheel, a Far Madding trader tries to convince Master Azereos that Roedran building his army has Murandy too unsettled for him to move his trade to Lugard.
- CoT,Ch3 - After they leave Ebou Dar, Mat and Valan Luca's circus head up the Great North Road hoping to reach Lugard.
- CoT,Ch28 - Mat hopes they will reach Lugard by summer.
- KoD,Ch10 � After the village vanishes, most of the circus performers want to turn back but Valan Luca convinces them to continue on toward Lugard.