Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
A city in the Aiel Waste built by the Jenn Aiel. It is a great city, but smaller than Tear or Caemlyn. The buildings are all majestic palaces, but many are unfinished. There is a great plaza in the center of the city filled with hundreds of objects of the One Power. Avendesora grows at the very center.
After the battle between Rand and Asmodean, the barrier and fog around Rhuidean are gone. Avendesora, though badly burned, regrows quickly. The lake beside the city is known as Tsodrelle'Aman, Tears of the Dragon in the Old Tongue. The city is populated with Aiel and no longer seems sacred.
Until recently, Rhuidean was abandoned.
- TGH,Ch28 - Urien tells Verin that Rhuidean lies in the lands of the Jenn Aiel.
- TDR,Ch56 - Rhuarc tells Moiraine, Mat, Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve that Rhuidean lies in the lands of the Jenn Aiel.
- TSR,Ch11 - In Tel'aran'rhiod, Amys tells Egwene that she is at Rhuidean.
- TSR,Ch12 - Moiraine receives a letter from Amys, Bair, Melaine and Seana. Among other things it orders Aviendha to come to Chaendaer near Rhuidean.
- TSR,Ch15 - The Aelfinn tell Mat that he must go to Rhuidean or he will die.
- TSR,Ch21 - Rand tells Moiraine that he plans to go to Rhuidean.
- TSR,Ch22 - Rhuarc points out two symbols on the Portal Stone that used to be used for Rhuidean.
- TSR,Ch23 - Rand, Mat, Aviendha and Moiraine all enter Rhuidean.
- TSR,Ch24 - Description of Rhuidean
- TSR,Ch24 - Rand and Mat discover Avendesora and a huge collection of items of the One Power in Rhuidean. The items include a twisted red doorway and two access keys.
- TSR,Ch25 - Rand enters the glass columns in Rhuidean used to test clan chiefs.
- TSR,Ch26 - Rand and Mat make their way out of Rhuidean.
- TSR,Ch28 - Bair has told Gaul she will send him to Rhuidean when Jheran dies.
- TSR,Ch34 - Rand, Mat, Aviendha and Moiraine are in Rhuidean for seven days.
- TSR,Ch35 - In Tel'aran'rhiod, Egwene tells Elayne about events in Rhuidean and that they are headed to Alcair Dal.
- TSR,Ch36 - Hadnan Kadere and his band of peddlers are headed toward Rhuidean when they are stopped by Rhuarc and the Aiel.
- TSR,Ch37 - Mat worries that he still does not know why he was supposed to go to Rhuidean.
- TSR,Ch39 - In Tel'aran'rhiod, Nynaeve finds herself on a mountainside near Rhuidean and sees Asmodean inspecting the surrounding fog bank.
- TSR,Ch57 - Rand learns from Lanfear that Asmodean is headed to Rhuidean. Rand prepares to follow him.
- TSR,Ch58 - Rand battles Asmodean in Rhuidean wrecking much of the city, breaking its shield, and creating large lake nearby.
- TFoH,Ch2 - Rand consolidates his forces in Rhuidean.
- TFoH,Ch5 - Bair makes the Wise Ones stay in the tents instead of taking rooms in Rhuidean.
- TFoH,Ch7 - Rand and the Aiel leave Rhuidean to follow the Shaido.
- TFoH,Ch52 - Moiraine found the ivory bracelet angreal in Rhuidean.
- TFoH,Ch53 - Moiraine learned of her impending showdown with Lanfear her first day in Rhuidean.
- WH,Prologue - After the attack on Rand in the Sun Palace, Rand Travels to Rhuidean where he asks about Shara. He then Travels to Tear where he asks about Chachin, setting up false trails.
- KoD,Ch5 � Bendhuin, sept chief of the Green Salts, leaves Malden for Rhuidean to try to become clan chief of the Shaido.
- TGS,Ch26 � Aviendha Travels to Cold Rocks Hold. She will then run to Rhuidean and traverse the glass columns to become a Wise One.
- ToM,Ch45 - Aviendha arrives in Rhuidean. She will traverse the glass columns tomorrow.
- AMoL,Prologue - Bair Travels to Rhuidean to traverse the glass columns to see if she sees the same future as Aviendha.