Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
The Erinin River flows west out of the Spine of the World and forms the southern borders of Shienar, then Arafel. It then turns south and flows all the way to the Sea of Storms ending at the Fingers of the Dragon at Tear. It is the western border of Cairhien and the eastern border of Andor. The Erinin River splits at the island of Tar Valon. The western branch is called the Alindrelle Erinen and the eastern branch, the Osendrelle Erinin.
Towns along the river
From north to south.
The river ends at the Fingers of the Dragon and the Sea of Storms.
- Guide and map in TDR - The Erinin River splits at Tar Valon. The western branch is called the Alindrelle Erinen and the eastern branch, the Osendrelle Erinin.
- NS,Ch1 � On the last day of the Aiel War, the Aiel are heading east away from the River Erinin.
- TGH,Ch10 - Ingtar and his party following the Horn cross the Erinin River heading south. This far north, the Erinin is only sixty paces wide.
- TGH,Ch16 - The Erinin is over a hundred leagues north of the western end of Kinslayer's Dagger.
- TGH,Ch18 - The Amyrlin's party travels down the Erinin to Tar Valon.
- TDR,Ch32 - Mat and Thom travel down the Erinin on the Gray Gull.
- TDR,Ch37 - Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve travel down the Erinin on the Blue Crane.
- TDR,Ch39 - Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve continue their trip down the Erinin on the Darter.
- LoC,Prologue - Aringill and Maerone lie on opposite sides of the River Erinin.
- LoC,Ch22 - Mat and the Band of the Red Hand are following the River Erinin from Maerone to Tear.
- WH,Ch32 -
- While Rand listens in The Golden Wheel, Mistress Shimel tries to convince Master Posavina that he should continue to move his goods through Far Madding to Illian instead of taking the River Road down the River Erinin to Tear. The Stone of Tear is under siege.
- CoT,Ch10 - The estates of House Matherin are twenty miles from the River Erinin across the Chishen Mountains near the Murandy border.
- CoT,Ch12 � In return for some Windfinders staying behind, Elayne cedes some land on the River Erinin to Zaida and the Sea Folk.
- CoT,Ch16 � Where the River Erinin splits around Tar Valon, the western branch and eastern branch are respectively known as the Alindrelle Erinin and the Osendrelle Erinin.
- CoT,Ch16 � Egwene and Gareth Bryne scout Tar Valon from the bank of the Alindrelle Erinin.
- CoT,Ch30 � Egwene crosses the Alindrelle Erinin to Northharbor in a small boat in her attempt to block the harbor.
- KoD,Ch1 � The Salidar Aes Sedai find Egwene's boat on the shore of the Alindrelle Erinin and they fear she is dead.