Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
The largest of the Borderlands. The sign of Saldaea is three silver fish on a field of dark blue. Three major regions of Saldaea are Bashere, Tyr and Sidona.
The nation of Saldaea was formed early in the War of the Hundred Years. The governors of Hawkwing's five northern provinces met and agreed to form stable nations to preserve the peace and defend against the Blight. Rylen t'Boriden Rashad was the first King of Saldaea.
Saldaea is in the northwest of the Westlands. The rocky, barren section near the Blight is known as the Proska Flats. The Kremer Road is a major east-west road.
Saldaea is ruled by Queen Tenobia. Her Marshal-General is her uncle Davram Bashere. Her full title is Her Illumined Majesty, Tenobia si Bashere Kazadi, Shield of the North and Sword of the Blightborder, High Seat of House Kazadi, Lady of Shahayni, Asnelle, Kunwar and Ganai.
As with most nations of the Westlands, there are numerous strong noble Houses that wield influence. Known Houses of Saldaea are listed below.
- TWoTRPG - Information on the history and culture of Saldaea.
- NS,Ch17 - Tales of Cadsuane - she kidnapped the king of Arad Doman and queen of Saldaea to stop a war.
- TEotW,Ch13 - The gateman at Baerlon tells Moiraine there is some kind of trouble in Saldaea.
- TEotW,Ch14 - A bath attendant tells Thom and the boys that he heard there are Trollocs in Saldaea.
- TEotW,Ch20 - Bayle Domon tells Rand, Mat and Thom that the Trollocs were unusually bad this year in Saldaea.
- TGH,Ch4 - There is a false Dragon who can channel in Saldaea.
- TGH,Ch25 - In Cairhien there is news of false Dragons in Saldaea and Haddon Mirk.
- TDR,Prologue - Pedron Niall wonders about the false Dragons in Saldaea and Tear.
- TDR,Ch12 - Mazrim Taim is captured by Aes Sedai in Saldaea.
- TDR,Ch36 - "Zarine" is a Saldaean name. It is given to one expected to be a great beauty and live a life of luxury.
- TSR,Ch17 - The war in Arad Doman is impeding trade with Saldaea. It is so bad that Tenobia might lose her throne.
- TSR,Ch42 - The sa'sara is a very provocative dance done by Saldaean women.
- TFoH,Prologue - Word arrives in Tar Valon that Davram Bashere is moving an army southeast. Elaida sends Memara to deal with Queen Tenobia.
- TFoH,Ch56 - Davram Bashere thinks that Tenobia and Saldaea will follow the Dragon Reborn.
- LoC,Ch46 - Three major regions of Saldaea are Bashere, Tyr and Sidona. Davram Bashere is Lord of all three.
- ACoS,Prologue - Elaida issues orders to kidnap the queen of Saldaea. Omerna reports to Pedron Niall that Tenobia has left Saldaea.
- ACoS,Ch6 - In Saldaea there is a language of fan movements.
- CoT,Ch22 � Pevara has heard eyes-and-ears reports of Asha'man recruiting from Saldaea to Tear.
- KoD,Ch20 � After Nynaeve dumps Lan at World's End, she visits the towns of Saldaea getting commitment from those of Malkieri heritage to ride with him to Fal Moran.
- TGS,Ch10 � Rand sends Rodel Ituralde to Saldaea to guard the Blight border.
- TGS,Ch22 � Rand inspects the Blight in northern Saldaea. The Blight is moving south.
- ToM,Prologue - Lan rides across the Proska Flats north of the Kremer Road.