Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Spine of the World
The Spine of the World is an enormous mountain range that forms the eastern border of the Westlands and separates it from the Aiel Waste. Kinslayer's Dagger juts westward into the Westlands off the Spine. The Aiel call this range the Dragonwall. There are several passes through the mountains. The Niamh Passes cross from the Aiel Waste to Shienar. The Jangai Pass crosses from the Aiel Waste into Cairhien.
- Guide - There are twelve Ogier stedding in the Spine of the World.
- NS,Ch1 � The Aiel crossed the Spine of the World to ravage Cairhien and other lands of the west.
- NS,Ch12 � As Lan and his company scout the Aiel, they cross Kinslayer's Dagger heading for the Spine of the World.
- TGH,Ch36 - Stedding Taijing lies in the Spine of the World east of Stedding Cantoine.
- TSR,Ch25 - Searching for a place of safety, the Aiel and the Jenn cross the Dragonwall and settle in the Aiel Waste.
- TSR,Ch25 - Comran was the first Aiel to discover Ogier stedding in the Dragonwall and begin trading with them.
- TFoH,Prologue - Danelle reports to Elaida and her Council that Aiel raids through the Niamh Passes have increased.
- TFoH,Ch2 - Rand intends to take the Aiel across the Dragonwall.
- TFoH,Ch20 - Rand and the Aiel reach the Jangai Pass and begin to cross the Dragonwall.
- TFoH,Ch41 - The Miagoma, Codarra, Daryne and Shiande Aiel have crossed the Dragonwall.
- LoC,Ch20 - There are many Ogier stedding in the Spine of the World from Stedding Qichen and Stedding Sanshen in the north to Stedding Shangtai in the south. There are abandoned stedding there as well.
- CoT,Ch23] � Rand is staying with Lord Algarin at his estate in eastern Tear, a day west of the Spine of the World.
- KoD,Ch20 � The Trollocs and Myrddraal that attack Lord Algarin's manor probably came from the Spine of the World through the Waygate near Stedding Shangtai.