Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Tarabon lies on the west coast of the Westlands on the Aryth Ocean.
In FY 1006, three nobles of Hawkwing's regional government, Lord Haren Maseed, Lady Tazenia Nerenhald and Lord Boral Amadia, took Tanchico and formed a nation. Lord Boral was murdered. Tazenia became Queen and Haren became Panarch. By 500 NE a tradition of male King and female Panarch was established.
Ruled jointly by the Panarch and King, always of the opposite sex. The King is hereditary and the Panarch is elected by the Assembly of Lords. The Panarch wears the Crown of the Tree made of gold trefoil leaves and a stole embroidered with trees.
Past and Present Kings:
Past and Present Panarchs:
- TWoTRPG - Information on the history and culture of Tarabon.
- NS,Ch17 - Tales of Cadsuane - she kidnapped a king of Tarabon who could channel and brought him to the White Tower for gentling.
- TGH,Prologue - Ba'alzamon orders Bors to continue his Whitecloak work in Tarabon.
- TGH,Ch4 - Tarabon and Arad Doman have been fighting over Almoth Plain for three hundred years.
- TGH,Ch5 - Jaichim Carridin leads the Whitecloaks in Tarabon.
- TGH,Ch7 - Taraboners call themselves the Tree of Man.
- TDR,Prologue - Pedron Niall plans to revive the nation of Almoth, the squeeze Tarabon between Almoth and Amadicia.
- TSR,Ch9 - Egwene reads books on Tarabon and Tanchico hoping to find a clue as to what they should do.
- TSR,Ch11 - Fifty three years ago Eurian Romavni wrote a book titled A Journey to Tarabon.
- TSR,Ch17 - Siuan receives a report that there is an Aes Sedai missing in Tarabon.
- TSR,Ch46 - Aided by the Whitecloaks, King Andric has Amathera invested as Panarch even though she was rejected by the Assembly of Lords.
- TSR,Ch51 � The crown that the Panarch wears is called the Crown of the Tree.
- TSR,Ch52 � The Crown of the Tree is made of gold trefoil leaves decorated with jewels. The Panarch also wears a stole embroidered with trees.
- TFoH,Prologue - Evanellein reports to Elaida and her Council that there is no news out of Tarabon or Arad Doman.
- TFoH,Ch8 - Elayne, Nynaeve, Thom and Juilin leave Tarabon and cross into Amadicia.
- TFoH,Ch49 - The White Tower receives no reports at all from Tarabon.
- LoC,Prologue - Refugees, mainly from Almoth Plain, but some from Tarabon and Arad Doman, are settling in the Two Rivers.
- LoC,Ch7 - There is still no news from Tarabon, but Sheriam expects to hear something in a few weeks.
- LoC,Ch15 - The Salidar Aes Sedai send Afara, Edesina and Guisin to Tarabon as emissaries.
- LoC,Ch29 - Thom and Juilin report that Niall continues to consolidate the Whitecloaks in Amador except for a force along the Tarabon border.
- LoC,Ch31 - Because of the odd messages from Tanchico, Niall begins to get a feeling that Tarabon is a serious threat.
- LoC,Ch43 - In 961 NE Merana negotiates the Fifth Treaty of Falme between Arad Doman and Tarabon covering the peaceful disposition of Almoth Plain. The treaty fails almost immediately.
- ACoS,Ch12 - Egwene and the Salidar Aes Sedai have seen murder and anarchy all across Altara and have heard stories of the same in Tarabon and Arad Doman.
- ACoS,Ch14 - Juilin Sandar sees some Taraboners and says, "Tarabon must be terrible now for a woman not used to taking care of herself."
- ACoS,Ch26 - When the Seanchan invade Tarabon Panarch Amathera is enslaved and King Andric is killed. They are replaced with more compliant rulers.
- CoT,Prologue � Rodel Ituralde rallies displaced Taraboners in Arad Doman and convinces them to retake their homeland from the Seanchan.
- CoT,Ch15 � Arymilla has a mysterious Taraboner, Jaq Lounalt, in her employee. He is an expert in torture.
- CoT,Ch27 � Tallanvor makes contact with a Seanchan army of fifteen thousand comprising mostly Taraboners.
- KoD,Prologue � Rodel Ituralde attacks dozens of Seanchan outposts in Tarabon.
- KoD,Ch2 � Elaida receives a report that Tarabon is revolting against the Seanchan occupation.