Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
The southeast corner of the Westlands. To the east is the Spine of the World. To the south is the Sea of Storms. To the north is Haddon Mirk and to the west are the Plains of Maredo.
Tear was founded in FY 994 by a group of nobles led by Lord Istaban Novares and Lady Yseidre Tirado. Struggles between numerous nobles of near equal strength led to the organization of the High Lords as the ruling body of Tear.
Led by the High Lords of Tear. The number is not fixed, but varies from as few as six to as many as twenty.
As with most nations of the Westlands, there are numerous strong noble Houses that wield influence. Known Houses of Tear are listed below.
- TWoTRPG - Information on the history and culture of Tear.
- NS,Ch1 - Lan and Bukama were in Cairhien, Andor and Tear for two years fighting the Aiel War.
- NS,Ch12 � After the Aiel War Lan and Bukama bypass Tar Valon and tour Andor and Tear for a few months.
- TGH,Prologue - Tairen High Lords wear silver-worked boots.
- TGH,Ch4 - There is a false Dragon in Tear. He cannot channel and has fled to Haddon Mirk.
- TGH,Ch8 - Illian and Tear fought two wars between 957 NE and 976 NE.
- TDR,Prologue - Pedron Niall wonders about the false Dragons in Saldaea and Tear.
- TDR,Ch32 - High Lord Samon is promoting hatred of Illian and Tar Valon.
- TDR,Ch42 - Commerce between Tear and Illian is banned because of talk of war.
- TSR,Ch3 - Tear had kings before the time of Artur Hawkwing.
- TSR,Ch10 - In Tear, Myrddraal are called Lurks.
- TSR,Ch20 - There is nothing larger than a village in Tear outside of Tear and Godan. The Tairen High Lords keep towns small by heavily taxing new construction. They allow the city of Godan to thrive on the Bay of Remara to threaten Mayene.
- TSR,Ch22 - There are four Portal Stones in Tear.
- TFoH,Ch1 - Alteima tells Morgase that Rand left Tear with the Aiel. Morgase is surprised because she thought he was headed to Cairhien.
- TFoH,Ch16 - When they learn that Elaida is now Amyrlin, Elayne and Nynaeve agree that they must go to Tear.
- TFoH,Ch39 - Nynaeve tells Masema that the Lord Dragon has summoned her to Tear.
- TFoH,Ch43 - Rand sends Weiramon back to Tear to deal with the Illianer pirates and brigands. He thinks he has at least made a start in dealing with Sammael.
- TFoH,Ch51 - Rand is concentrating on building his army in Tear to take on Sammael and Illian.
- TFoH,Glossary - The number of High Lords is not fixed and has varied from as few as six to as many as twenty.
- LoC,Ch5 - In Tairen hierarchy, House Aldiaya outranks House Selorna.
- LoC,Ch22 - Mat and the Band of the Red Hand are half way from Maerone to Tear.
- LoC,Ch33 - Rand diverts Mat and the Band of the Red Hand before they reach Tear sending them instead to Salidar after Elayne.
- LoC,Ch45 - Rand asks Perrin to go to Tear in Mat's stead, but Perrin declines.
- ACoS,Prologue - Elaida issues orders to offer to make High Lord Darlin king of Tear.
- WH,Prologue - Rand has decided who he wants to rule Tear. He gives instructions for the man to Dobraine.
- WH,Prologue - After the attack on Rand in the Sun Palace, Rand Travels to Rhuidean where he asks about Shara. He then Travels to Tear where he asks about Chachin, setting up false trails.
- WH,Ch13 - Dobraine frees Darlin and Caraline from Lady Arilyn's palace. They head for Tear where Darlin will act as steward for Rand.
- WH,Ch32 - From his bond, Rand knows that Alanna, Merana, Rafela, Bera and Kiruna are in Tear or Haddon Mirk.
- CoT,Ch18 � Salidar Aes Sedai agents report that High Lord Darlin Sisnera is under siege by nobles who want Rand out of Tear.
- CoT,Ch22 � Pevara has heard eyes-and-ears reports of Asha'man recruiting from Saldaea to Tear.
- CoT,Ch23 � Rand is staying with Lord Algarin at his estate in eastern Tear, a day west of the Spine of the World.
- CoT,Epilogue � Bashere, Logain and Loial return to Tear to report to Rand on their meeting with the Seanchan.
- KoD,Ch21 � The Aes Sedai broker a deal with the rebellious High Lords. They will acquiesce and accept Darlin Sisnera as King and steward to the Dragon Reborn.
- KoD,Ch22 � Following the death of Nesta din Reas Two Moons, the Sea Folk gather at the ports of Tear and Illian. The election for the new Mistress of the Ships is held at Illian.
- TGS,Ch36 � Verin and Tomas set out from Tear to Tar Valon, but Mat�s ta'veren nature and the Pattern drive them to Trustair.