Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Map: There is a large map of Tear in TWoTRPG, p. 277.
The capital city of the country of Tear. Tear is built around the mouth of the River Erinin where it divides into the Fingers of the Dragon and then into the Sea of Storms. The port district, known as the Maule, is very rough. The warehouse district is known as the Chalm. The market district is the Tavar. The All Summers district is a prosperous area inside the western wall. The military guards of Tear are called the Defenders of the Stone.
There was an Ogier grove at Tear, but it is now just grassy fields.
Stores, Inns, Manor Houses
- TEotW,Ch13 - The gateman at Baerlon tells Moiraine the false Dragon from Ghealdan is now heading to Tear.
- TEotW,Ch13 � Tear is the greatest port on the Sea of Storms.
- TEotW,Ch13 - The Stone of Tear was built shortly after the Breaking and in all the time since it has never fallen.
- TEotW,Ch36 - The Ogier grove in Tear is now just a pasture.
- TGH,Ch4 - Siuan Sanche grew up in the Maule.
- TGH,Ch26 - Thom and Dena plan to go to Tear.
- TDR,Ch9 - Obsessed with Callandor and the Prophecies of the Dragon, Rand is headed to Tear.
- TDR,Ch26 - Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve find planted evidence of the Black Ajah all pointing to Tear.
- TDR,Ch27 - Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve agree that they must go to Tear despite the danger of a trap.
- TDR,Ch34 - Perrin tells Gaul that He Who Comes With the Dawn is heading toward Tear.
- TDR,Ch36 - One of the Darkfriends that Ba'alzamon interviews is from Tear.
- TDR,Ch42 - Moiraine, Lan, Perrin, Loial and Faile cannot get a ship from Illian to Tear. Traffic has been banned because of talk of war.
- TDR,Ch39 - Nynaeve tells Aviendha they are going to Tear to hunt Darkfriends.
- TDR,Ch48 - Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve arrive at Tear.
- TDR,Ch48 - The military guards of Tear are called the Defenders of the Stone.
- TDR,Ch49 - Mat and Thom arrive at Tear.
- TDR,Ch49 - The section of Tear where farmers sell their produce is called the Tavar.
- TDR,Ch50 - Perrin, Zarine, Moiraine, Lan, and Loial arrive at Tear.
- TSR,Ch9 - The warehouse district of Tear is known as the Chalm.
- TSR,Ch18 - There was an Ogier grove at Tear, but it is now just grassy fields.
- TSR,Ch18 - Perrin, Faile, Loial, Gaul, Bain and Chiad leave Tear via the Waygate.
- TSR,Ch19 - Elayne and Nynaeve board the Wavedancer to leave Tear.
- TSR,Ch20 - Thom and Juilin join Elayne and Nynaeve on the Wavedancer to leave Tear.
- TSR,Ch31 - Perrin tells Tam, Abell, Verin and Alanna that Rand and Mat are in Tear.
- TFoH,Ch16 - When they learn that Elaida is now Amyrlin, Elayne and Nynaeve agree that they must go to Tear.
- TFoH,Ch39 - Nynaeve tells Masema that the Lord Dragon has summoned her to Tear.
- WH,Ch25 - Alanna tells Rand that Darlin now rules in Tear, but the rebels still have not returned from Haddon Mirk. Rand has her send Merana, Rafela, Bera and Kiruna to Haddon Mirk to negotiate with them.
- CoT,Ch12 � Merchants from Tear report that the city and the Stone of Tear are under siege by nobles who want the Dragon Reborn completely out of the country.
- CoT,Ch23 � Verin reports to Cadsuane that the Sea Folk were delivered to Tear for the meeting to choose a new Mistress of the Ships. There are almost as many Sea Folk in Tear as Tairens.
- CoT,Ch23 � Verin reports to Cadsuane that High Lord Astoril has joined Darlin in the Stone of Tear fighting the rebellion.
- KoD,Ch20 � Rand sealed the Waygates at Caemlyn, Cairhien, Illian and Tear. He put a deadly trap on the open one at Fal Dara but he could not find the Waygate at Far Madding.
- KoD,Ch21 � Tear is not a beautiful city like Caemlyn or Tar Valon. It is sprawling with narrow, winding streets.
- ToM,Ch15 - A bubble of evil strikes the All Summers district turning everyone and everything to dust.