Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Tower of Ghenjei
The Tower of Ghenjei is a shining metal tower two hundred feet tall and as big around as a house. There is no apparent entrance. It lies near the Arinelle River ten days north of Whitebridge.
- TEotW,Ch24 - From the Spray, Rand spots a shining spot in the distance. Bayle Domon describes it and tells Rand it is commonly used as a landmark for navigation.
- TSR,Ch28 - In the wolf dream, Slayer leads Perrin to a metal tower. Birgitte appears and tells Perrin it is the Tower of Ghenjei and that it is a doorway to the lands of the Aelfinn and Eelfinn.
- KoD,Ch10 � Mat finally reads Thom's letter from Moiraine and realizes they must go to the Tower of Ghenjei to rescue her.
- KoD,Ch10 � Birgitte told Olver how to open a door in the Tower of Ghenjei. With a bronze knife draw the beginning symbols of Snakes and Foxes.
- KoD,Ch10 � Jain Farstrider thought the Tower of Ghenjei was somewhere on the Shadow Coast.
- TGS,Ch20 � Mat intends to go to Caemlyn to rejoin the rest of the Band and to learn what he can about the Tower of Ghenjei.
- TGS,Ch36 � Mat wants time to learn about the Tower of Ghenjei, so he does not mind having to spend thirty days in Caemlyn per his agreement with Verin.
- ToM,Ch8 - Mat and Thom have confirmation on the location of the Tower of Ghenjei.
- ToM,Ch9 - Mat plans to leave for the Tower of Ghenjei as soon as his oath to Verin is up.
- ToM,Ch22 - Mat quizzes Birgitte about the Tower of Ghenjei. In another life she was lost in the Tower for two months and died trying to save Gaidal Cain.
- ToM,Ch47 - Mat tells Perrin he is going to the Tower of Ghenjei. Perrin already knows about it.
- ToM,Ch52 - Mat, Thom and Noal leave for the Tower of Ghenjei tomorrow.
- ToM,Ch53 - Thom remembers a story of Elmiara and the Shadoweyes. She spent a hundred days wandering a maze seeking the healing spring of Sund to save her lover.
- ToM,Ch53 - Grady opens a gateway to the Arinelle River near the Tower Using a bronze knife, Mat, Thom and Noal enter the Tower.
- ToM,Ch54 - They make their way to the Chamber of Bonds. Mat sacrifices his eye in exchange for Moiraine.
- ToM,Ch55 - Noal stays behind to fight as Mat and Thom run with Moiraine. When they are trapped, Mat figures out that his ashandarei will cut a new doorway and they escape.
- ToM,Ch57 - Mat, Thom and Moiraine find themselves outside the Tower of Ghenjei.