Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
aka: Shadar Logoth - "Where the Shadow Waits" in the Old Tongue.
Pronunciation: SHAH-dahr LOH-goth
This was the capital city of the nation of Aridhol.
- TEotW,Ch18 � Moiraine and her party seek shelter in Shadar Logoth.
- TEotW,Ch19 � Rand, Mat and Perrin go exploring in Shadar Logoth and meet Mordeth. Mat takes the ruby dagger.
- TEotW,Ch20 � Moiraine and her party flee the Trollocs that have entered Shadar Logoth.
- TEotW,Ch21 � Nynaeve remembers the previous night.
- TEotW,Ch24 � Mat admits to Rand that he took the ruby dagger from there.
- TEotW,Ch47 � Padan Fain claims that Ba'alzamon himself drove the Fades and Trollocs into Shadar Logoth.
- TGH,Ch11 � Fain thinks about what Shadar Logoth did to him.
- TGH,Ch22 - At Adeleas' and Vandene's house, Moiraine studies a book on Shadar Logoth trying to figure out why Mat's ruby dagger was taken.
- TGH,Ch19 � Selene wants Rand to throw away the ruby dagger when she learns it is from Shadar Logoth.
- TDR,Ch30 � Mat recalls that his luck was average, at best, until he took the ruby dagger from Shadar Logoth.
- TFoH,Prologue � Fain feels incomplete, but he is afraid to return to Shadar Logoth because he may be trapped again.
- LoC,Ch20 - The Ogier built a Waygate at Aridhol during its construction.
- LoC,Ch21 � Rand takes Elder Haman, Covril, Erith and a bunch of Maidens to Shadar Logoth. Haman takes Rand to the Waygate and Rand weaves a deathtrap for Shadowspawn. Liah is lost and cannot be found.
- LoC,Ch28 - Now that Fain has the ruby dagger, he feels whole again. He is part of Aridhol and it is part of him.
- ACoS,Ch15 - After interviewing Carridin, Sammael opens a gateway to a place of gray mist and columns, evidently Shadar Logoth.
- ACoS,Ch41 � Rand follows Sammael to Shadar Logoth where he is apparently killed by Mashadar.
- WH,Ch16 - When the gholam flees through a hole in the wall, Mat recalls that he saw Mordeth do something similar at Shadar Logoth.
- WH,Ch31 � Domon reminds Mat of their trip from Shadar Logoth to Whitebridge.
- WH,Ch35 � Rand and Nynaeve funnel tainted saidin through Shadar Logoth via a conduit of saidar. The taint and Shadar Logoth destroy each other leaving a huge hole in the forest where Aridhol once stood.
- CoT,Ch19 � Akarrin reports to the Salidar Aes Sedai that there is now only a huge hole where Shadar Logoth stood. There are also traces of an unknown weaving.
- CoT,Ch23 � Rand is still weak from his efforts at Shadar Logoth.
- CoT,Ch24 � Since Shadar Logoth, the wounds in Rand's side hurt more, but Lews Therin seems a touch more sane.
- CoT,Ch30 � Myrelle starts to say something about Shadar Logoth to Egwene, but she stops when Maigan arrives.
- KoD,Ch18 � When Rand sees the image of a man in his mind he now recognizes him as the man who saved his life at Shadar Logoth.
- KoD,Ch22 � Harine tells Shalon that if they survived Shadar Logoth they can survive anything.
- TGS,Ch15 � Rand recognizes Moridin from his visions and from Shadar Logoth.