Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
One of the Ten Nations of the Second Covenant which formed after the Breaking. It was destroyed during the Trolloc Wars.
Manetheren was a large country covering most of present day Andor and Ghealdan.
The ruler at the time of the signing of the Compact was Queen Sorella ay Marena.
- Manetheren (capital) - Waygate
- Shanaine - site of present day Jehannah
- PotD - Jara'copan lay south of the city of Manetheren in the foothills of the Mountains of Mist.
- TEotW,Ch9 - Manetheren was destroyed during the Trolloc Wars. About two hundred years into the Wars, a massive force of Trollocs and Dreadlords attacked wiping out most of the Manetheren forces and finally killing King Aemon. Queen Eldrene, feeling his death. Countered with a blast of the One Power that wiped out the Trolloc army but also destroyed her and the entire city of Manetheren as well.
- TEotW,Ch19 - Prince Caar of Manetheren went to Aridhol to bring them back to the Light. After he was imprisoned, another force from Manetheren went to Aridhol but found it deserted.
- TEotW,Ch36 - When Rand mentions Manetheren, Loial says "We could not come in time."
- TEotW,Ch45 - There was a Waygate near the city of Manetheren.
- TEotW,Ch47 - The Ogier grove at Manetheren was the most beautiful of all except for Tar Valon.
- TGH,Ch5 - Tetsuan betrayed Manetheren out of jealousy of Ellisande.
- TDR,Ch24 - Mat tells Hammar that he is from Manetheren.
- TDR,Ch35 � According to Saldaean history, every Queen of Manetheren was Aes Sedai and the King was her Warder. Manetheren was a large land covering most of present day Ghealdan and Andor.
- TSR,Ch16 - Loial agrees to take Perrin and Faile to the Two Rivers via the Ways and the Manetheren Waygate.
- TSR,Ch27 - They arrive at the Manetheren Waygate above the site of the ancient city of Manetheren in the Mountains of Mist.
- TSR,Ch37 - Aedomon of Safer ruthlessly wiped out Buiryn and the forces of Manetheren at Midean's Ford.
- TSR,Ch53 - The Red Eagle banner of Manetheren waves in front of the White Boar inn of Watch Hill.
- TSR,Ch56 - The men of Watch Hill carry the banner of Manetheren when they ride to the aid of Emond's Field.
- TFoH,Ch19 - Morgase learns that the banner of Manetheren has been raised in the Two Rivers.
- LoC,Ch5 - Mat has memories of Manetheren before the Trolloc Wars.
- LoC,Ch20 - The Ogier built a Waygate at Manetheren during its construction.
- ACoS,Ch21 - Birgitte says Mat sometimes speaks the Old Tongue like a First Lord of Manetheren.
- TPoD,Ch8 - Perrin and Faile plan to flaunt the Manetheren banner in Ghealdan to cover their true intent.
- WH,Ch5 - Perrin again plans to use the banner of Manetheren to cover his trip with Masema.
- WH,Ch5 - Manetheren's borders ran nearly to where Murandy now stands.
- WH,Ch27 - Elayne sees the banner of Manetheren over Emond's Field and thinks that she must do something about it.
- CoT,Ch5 � Villagers in Altara are overawed when they see the banner of Manetheren.