Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
A nation that arose from the ruins of Eharon after the Trolloc Wars.
Shiota was located in the region of present day Altara and Illian.
- Guide - Shiota was one of the nations taken by Guaire Amalasan during the War of the Second Dragon FY 939 - 943.
- TFoH,Ch54 - Feather-dancers were common in Shiota.
- ACoS,Prologue - Kyera Termendal of Shiota wrote a much disputed translation of The Prophecies of the Dragon between FY 700 and FY 800.
- ACoS,Ch39 - Mat recalls a Sea Folk woman calling an Shiotan soldier a son of the sands just before trying to kill him.
- TPoD,Ch2 - Madic tells Moridin that the *angreal stash contained relics from the Age of Legends, Eharon and Shiota.
- TPoD,Ch3 - On the way to the farm Elayne and her party ride by the ruins of a giant statue of a Shiotan warrior queen.
- TPoD,Ch22 - Rand and his army pass a statue that Bashere says is probably a queen of Shiota.
- KoD,Ch8 � Mat recalls being an Esandaran lord when Esandara and Nerevan invaded Shiota five hundred years after the Trolloc Wars.
- KoD,Ch10 � When Mat sees the ghost village he recognizes the construction, buildings up to three stories with heavy timber framing and whitish plaster between, high-peaked roofs of thatch and tall stone chimneys, as typical of country building in Shiota.
- KoD,Ch11 � Tuon asks Mat about cities and lands but ironically he knows more about Eharon and Shiota than Caemlyn and Tear.