Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
The Trolloc Wars began about 1000 AB and lasted for over three hundred years. Waves of Trollocs led by Myrddraal and Dreadlords poured out of the Blight and ravaged the world. Eventually all were slain or driven back to the Blight, but some nations were depopulated and many ceased to exist. Records from the time are fragmentary.
- TEotW,Ch9 - Manetheren was destroyed during the Trolloc Wars. About two hundred years into the Wars, a massive force of Trollocs and Dreadlords attacked wiping out most of the Manetheren forces and finally killing King Aemon. Queen Eldrene, feeling his death. Countered with a blast of the One Power that wiped out the Trolloc army but also destroyed her and the entire city of Manetheren as well.
- TEotW,Ch14 - Ba'alzamon tells Rand that he ran the Trolloc Wars.
- TEotW,Ch19 - At the end of the Trolloc Wars, an army of Trollocs, Fades and Dreadlords camped in the ruins of Aridhol and none left. Trollocs have been afraid of Shadar Logoth ever since.
- TEotW,Ch43 - Ba'alzamon tells Rand that he started the Black Ajah during the Trolloc Wars.
- TGH,Ch3 - The city of Mafal Dadaranell was destroyed during the Trolloc Wars.
- TGH,Ch22 - Moiraine studies a book on the Trolloc Wars.
- TGH,Ch23 - The three arches ter'angreal was found during the Trolloc Wars.
- TDR,Ch19 - Mat wakes with memories of fighting Trollocs during the Trolloc Wars.
- TDR,Ch22 - Sheriam tells Egwene that forcibly turning someone to the Shadow with thirteen Dreadlords and thirteen Fades has not been done since the Trolloc Wars.
- TDR,Ch43 - Lan says Darkhounds have not been seen beyond the Mountains of Dhoom since the Trolloc Wars.
- TSR,Ch31 - Ordeith thinks that part of himself has survived since the Trolloc Wars.
- TFoH,Ch1 - The city of Braem was destroyed in the Trolloc Wars.
- TFoH,Ch51 - Moiraine notes that the Band of the Red Hand was Aemon's personal army during the Trolloc Wars.
- LoC,Ch5 - Mat recalls dancing with a Sea Folk Wavemistress in the court of Shaemal in Coremanda just before the start of the Trolloc Wars.
- ACoS,Ch11 - During the Trolloc Wars Dreadlords and Trollocs plundered part of the White Tower.
- CoT,Ch7 � During the Trolloc Wars, Sorelana Alsahhan wrote that there were a hundred packs of Darkhounds.
- KoD,Ch17 � Birgitte's earliest memories are now of the lives she led between the founding of the White Tower and the Trolloc Wars and those memories are fading.
- KoD,Ch19 � Ogier fought along with men in the Trolloc Wars.
- KoD,Ch20 � In the Trolloc Wars the Shadow used Tarwin's Gap to move large armies of Shadowspawn from the Blight.