Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
A ter'angreal consisting of a necklace and one or more bracelets. The bracelets may be connected to the necklace by a cord. The a'dam allows the wearer of the bracelet to control the wearer of the necklace. The a'dam prevents damane from linking to form circles.
- TSR,Ch38 - Floran Gelb brings Egeanin an a'dam that he recovered.
- TFoH,Ch24 - Elayne and Nynaeve get an a'dam from Cerandin. They test Cerandin with it to prove she is not a sul'dam.
- TFoH,Ch33 - Elayne figures out how the a'dam works.
- TFoH,Ch49 - Elayne continues to study the a'dam on the trip to Salidar.
- TFoH,Ch50 - The Aes Sedai in Salidar are disgusted at the a'dam brought by Elayne and Nynaeve. They confiscate it.
- TFoH,Ch54 - In Tel'aran'rhiod Nynaeve creates an a'dam to trap Moghedien.
- TFoH,Ch55 - Nynaeve makes the leash of the a'dam disappear so Rand will not recognize it for what it is.
- LoC,Prologue - Elayne makes an a'dam out of Birgitte's silver arrow. It comprises only a bracelet and necklace. Nynaeve uses the a'dam on Moghedien to study Siuan and Leane. They determine that Siuan and Leane can sense Moghedien through the a'dam but cannot control her.
- LoC,Ch12 - Nynaeve is nervous about the reliability of the a'dam since learning from Moghedien that tied off shields can be unraveled.
- LoC,Ch14 - Elayne wisely removes the a'dam bracelet before linking with the circle of Aes Sedai.
- LoC,Ch29 - Elayne has to take off the a'dam bracelet because of the pain feedback when Birgitte beats up Moghedien.
- LoC,Ch37 - Elayne and Nynaeve tell Egwene about Moghedien and give her the a'dam bracelet.
- ACoS,Ch8 - Egwene, wearing the bracelet, feels a flash of pain, then nothing when Aran'gar removes the necklace from Moghedien.
- WH,Ch28 - Mat has Juilin procure an a'dam.
- WH,Ch29 - Setalle Anan tries the a'dam on Joline with her as the sul'dam, but it does not work.
- WH,Ch31 - Mat frees one of the Windfinder damane and teaches her how to work the clasp on the a'dam so she can free the others.
- CoT,Ch28 - Mat has not managed to get the three a'dam away from the sul'dam.
- CoT,Ch29 - Egeanin tells Mat, Domon, Tuon, Selucia and the Aes Sedai that the a'dam works on sul'dam as well as damane.
- KoD,Ch9 � Tuon gets the three a'dam and Selucia puts two of them on Teslyn and Joline. When Mat finally gets them back he buries them in a deep hole.
- KoD,Ch12 � Perrin and Tylee go to Almizar to get a'dam for captured Wise Ones.
- KoD,Ch27 � After capturing Semirhage, Rand's party finds a box containing six a'dam and five copies of the sad bracelets. Nynaeve is furious that Egeanin did not keep her word and drop the sad bracelets in the ocean.
- TGS,Ch14 � Cadsuane keeps the male access key and sad bracelets in a heavily warded box in her rooms. She left the sad bracelets copies, the a'dam and Callandor with some women she trusts.
- TGS,Ch14 � With those same women, Cadsuane tests an a'dam on herself but cannot figure out how to beat it.
- TGS,Ch41 � Linked channelers have a big advantage fighting the Seanchan as the a'dam prevents damane from linking.
- ToM,Ch38 - In Tel'aran'rhiod, Mesaana collars Egwene, but Egwene wills the a'dam out of existence.