Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
A long spear with a curved blade that Mat received in Rhuidean. It has an inscription written in the Old Tongue:
Thus is our treaty written; thus is agreement made.
Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
What was asked is given. The price is paid.
- TSR,Ch24 - Mat tells the Eelfinn that he wants his memories back, he wants to be free of Aes Sedai and the One Power, and he wants to be back in Rhuidean.
- TSR,Ch26 - When Rand leaves the glass columns in Rhuidean, he finds Mat hanging by a rope tied to the ashandarei stuck in Avendesora. He is wearing the foxhead medallion.
- TSR,Ch37 - Mat keeps the foxhead medallion and ashandarei when they leave Chaendaer for Imre Stand.
- TFoH,Ch3 - Mat has the ashandarei with him in Rhuidean.
- TFoH,Ch21 - Rand wonders what happened to Mat in Rhuidean he will not say anything except that he got the ashandarei and the foxhead medallion.
- ACoS,Ch37 - Birgitte tells Mat that his spear is properly called an ashandarei.
- WH,Ch18 - Mat keeps his ashandarei in Tylin's rooms.
- WH,Ch30 - Mat leaves his ashandarei in Tylin's rooms until just before he is ready to leave.
- WH,Ch31 - When Mat goes back for his ashandarei, Tylin is there.
- CoT,Ch3 - Tuon quotes the line from Mat's ashandarei, "Thus is our treaty written; thus is agreement made," when she agrees not to try to escape.
- KoD,Ch25 � Mat carries his ashandarei as Talmanes leads him to a reunion with the Band of the Red Hand.
- KoD,Ch27 - Mat carries his ashandarei as he sets a trap for a Seanchan force.
- ToM,Ch9 - Mat has the ashandarei with him when the gholam attacks.
- ToM,Ch22 - Noal fashions a band of iron to fit the base of the ashandarei. Mat is satisfied with the new balance.
- ToM,Ch31 - Mat uses the ashandarei effectively in his last battle with the gholam.
- ToM,Ch54 - Inside the Tower of Ghenjei, Mat finds that the blade of the ashandarei passes through the Eelfinn and Aelfinn without affecting them. However, the iron band on the end is a seriously effective weapon.
- ToM,Ch55 - Trapped with no escape, Mat finally figures out the riddle of the ashandarei. It was the answer to his final request of the Eelfinn, a way out. He cuts a hole in the wall with it and he and Thom escape with Moiraine.