Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Avendesora means "Tree of Life" in the Old Tongue. It is the last existing chora tree. It grows in the city of Rhuidean in the Aiel Waste.
- TEotW,Ch6 - When Tam raves about Avendesora, Rand recalls that he heard in stories that it belongs to the Green Man.
- TEotW,Ch36 - Loial knows that the Aiel have Avendesora.
- TEotW,Ch44 - The key to a Waygate is in the shape of a trefoil leaf like those of Avendesora.
- TEotW,Ch50 - The Green Man says it has been two thousand years since he has seen Avendesora.
- TGH,Ch7 - Verin recounts the rumor that the nation of Almoth once had a branch, perhaps a live sapling, of Avendesora.
- TDR,Ch39 - Elayne recounts how the Aiel War, from their perspective, was simply and execution of King Laman for cutting down Avendoraldera, a sapling of Avendesora.
- TSR,Ch24 - Rand and Mat discover Avendesora in the center of Rhuidean.
- TSR,Ch26 - When Rand exits the glass columns, he sees Mat hanging by his neck from a rope tied to the ashandarei which lies across a couple of low branches of Avendesora.
- TSR,Ch58 - Avendesora burns like a torch after the battle between Rand and Asmodean.
- TFoH,Ch2 - Avendesora is badly charred, but Moiraine says it is still alive.
- ToM,Ch48 - Avendesora is already completely regrown.