Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Avendoraldera was a sapling of Avendesora presented by the Aiel to Cairhien in 566 NE. It was a gift in return for the people of the region giving water to the Aiel shortly after the Breaking. It grew for four hundred years before King Laman cut it down to build himself a throne.
- TEotW,Ch6 - Tam raves about Laman cutting down Avendoraldera.
- TDR,Ch39 - Elayne recounts how the Aiel War, from their perspective, was simply an execution of King Laman for cutting down Avendoraldera, a sapling of Avendesora.
- TDR,Glossary - The Aiel presented Avendoraldera to Cairhien in 566 NE.
- TSR,Ch17 � Moiraine says that House Damodred had a deservedly unpleasant reputation even before Laman cut down Avendoraldera.
- TSR,Ch34 - Rhuarc explains some of Rand's visions in the glass columns. The young man giving them water was Cairhienin. This led to the gift of Avendoradera, its cutting by Laman, the Aiel War, and thereby Rand's birth.
- TFoH,Ch20 � Even twenty years after Laman cut down Avendoraldera the Aiel hold all Cairhienin in disgust referring to them as "treekillers".
- LoC,Ch16 � Rand now understands the full connection � Tigraine disappears leading to Laman cutting down Avendoraldera leading to the Aiel War leading to his own birth on Dragonmount.