Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Various and sundry products are mentioned throughout the books as cures for a variety of maladies. Here is a list of references.
- NS,Ch21 - Lan nearly loses his temper when Moiraine finds a patch of blisterleaf and uses it on him.
- TEotW,Ch5 - Tam and Rand keep small bags of medicines including willowbark.
- TEotW,Ch18 - Nynaeve tells Moiraine that flatwort tea and andilay root are best for fatigue. They clear the head and dim the burn in tired muscles.
- TEotW,Ch19 - Nynaeve gives Moiraine a weak tea of foxtail and marisin. It will help her sleep for an hour and not be groggy.
- TEotW,Ch38 - Nynaeve rubs Perrin's bruises with ground ivy, five-finger and sunburst root, a greasy ointment that relieves pain and heals bruises.
- TGH,Ch8 - In a dither, Nynaeve thinks she should dose herself with rannel and sheepstongue root. She uses them on people who are moping or acting like a fool. They perk one up a bit, but mainly they leave a horrible taste that lasts all day.
- TGH,Ch14 - When Perrin contacts the wolves, Mat thinks he looks ill and offers to make him some willowbark tea. He keeps willowbark in his saddlebags.
- TGH,Ch18 - Raw sheepstongue root is the worst tasting thing Nynaeve knows of.
- TGH,Ch23 - During her Accepted test, Nynaeve hears that that the new Wisdom gave Bran al'Vere gray fennel before he died. It is poison.
- TDR,Ch10 - As Mat's fever grows worse, Nynaeve wishes she had some worrynot root or feverbane.
- TDR,Ch38 - Nynaeve doses Dailin with corenroot to help make blood, dogwort for knitting flesh, and healall.
- TDR,Ch39 - Adden and his men dope Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve with sleepwell root. The men think it will keep them asleep, but it actually clears headaches so one can sleep. It only makes one a little drowsy.
- TDR,Ch48 - Nynaeve and Mother Guenna test each others knowledge of herbs. Chainleaf tea and bluewort tea settle a queasy stomach. So does a brew of marshwhite leaves, but that has a bite to the taste. Flatwort tea or andilay root is good for fatigue. Whitefennel helps with a difficult childbirth. Powdered gheandin blossom on the tongue helps a heart attack. For a broken limb, give boneknit then wrap the limb in toweling soaked with boiled blue goatflowers. Sheepstongue root is good for eye pain.
- TSR,Ch7 - Nynaeve dosed Egwene with dogwood tea for moping. It tasted so bad Egwene hit her with a bowl.
- TSR,Ch34 - The Wise Ones give Mat tea made from timsin root and silverleaf for his headache.
- TSR,Ch52 - Nynaeve wants some willowbark or acem to make something for the lump on Thom's head.
- TFoH,Ch5 - Bair threatens to dose Egwene with bluespine tea, an incredibly bitter brew that serves no purpose except to "cure" sullenness or sulkiness.
- TFoH,Ch10 - Ronde Macura accidentally discovers the effects of forkroot tea. She uses it to drug Elayne and Nynaeve. It puts them to sleep and inhibits them from channeling.
- TFoH,Ch10 - Nynaeve finds white henpepper in Ronde Macura's kitchen. It will soothe a toothache but it will also turn one's hair black as night. They will use it to disguise Elayne.
- TFoH,Ch13 - Angry at having to play a servant, Nynaeve offers to make Elayne a tea of sheepstongue root and red daisy.
- TFoH,Ch15 - Egwene almost forces a brew of boiled catfern and powdered mavinsleaf on Nynaeve for lying.
- TFoH,Ch16 - Nynaeve uses some healall ointment on the scratches she received in Tel'aran'rhiod.
- TFoH,Ch26 - When she was a novice, Siuan washed a disliked Accepted's shifts with itchweed.
- TFoH,Ch36 - Nynaeve uses white henpepper to darken Birgitte's hair.
- TFoH,Ch48 - Nynaeve packs up the remedies she took from Ronde Macura from the healall to the dreadful forkroot.
- TFoH,Ch49 - Nynaeve rubs stinging mardroot-oil liniment into Uno's bruised shoulder and dabs some healall ointment on the gash on his face.
- TFoH,Ch49 - Elayne and Birgitte remove the dark coloring from their hair with pokeleaf. It is normally used for sore gums and toothaches. Nynaeve uses red fennel to settle her stomach.
- TFoH,Ch54 - Nynaeve adds some unnecessary sheepstongue root to Siuan's sleeping brew when they prepare to visit Tel'aran'rhiod.
- TFoH,Ch54 - Fearing Moghedien, Nynaeve wishes she had some goosemint for her heartburn.
- TFoH,Ch54 - With the a'dam, Nynaeve uses blackwasp nettles on Moghedien.
- TFoH,Ch55 - In Tel'aran'rhiod, Nynaeve gives Moghedien a cup of forkroot tea to drug her for real in Salidar.
- LoC,Ch7 - Nynaeve chews goosemint frequently to settle her stomach.
- LoC,Ch12 - Nynaeve chews goosemint to soothe her burning stomach.
- LoC,Ch15 - Egwene takes sleepwell root to make herself drowsy and clear her headache.
- LoC,Ch29 - Nynaeve still tastes boiled catfern and powdered mavinsleaf when she even thinks of lying.
- ACoS,Prologue - Ronde Macura reports to the White Tower the effects of forkroot. Elaida orders Joline and Teslyn to use it to capture Elayne and Nynaeve.
- ACoS,Ch32 - When they were novices, Seaine and Pevara put powdered itchoak on Serancha's shift.
- TPoD,Ch1 - Teslyn uses the forkroot on Joline to prevent her from interfering in Elayne and Nynaeve's escape from Ebou Dar.
- TPoD,Ch25 - Elaida is annoyed that everyone in the White Tower now seems to know about forkroot.
- TPoD,Ch28 - Someone poisons Adeleas and Ispan with crimsonthorn root. It is sweet. A little kills pain. More paralyzes and slowly kills.
- WH,Ch9 - Daved Hanlon stages an attack on Elayne, spiking her tea with forkroot.
- WH,Ch10 - Nynaeve doses Elayne with herbs to overcome the effects of forkroot. Greenwort and goatstongue might may one sleep, but they are sovereign for the stomach cramps caused by forkroot.
- WH,Ch10 - The assassins who attacked Elayne had daggers poisoned with gray fennel and powdered peach pit.
- WH,Ch12 - Women use heartleaf tea for effective birth control.
- WH,Ch14 - After her damane is caned, Tuon orders her welts painted with tincture of sorfa. She is also to be given lionheart for the pain.
- WH,Ch19 - Teslyn admits to Mat that she drugged Joline with forkroot to foil Elaida's plan to capture Elayne and Nynaeve.
- CoT,Ch30 � When Egwene is captured at Northharbor someone drugs her with forkroot.
- KoD,Prologue � Silviana intends to keep Egwene drugged with forkroot. Forkroot affects channelers much more strongly than those who cannot channel.
- KoD,Ch4 � Perrin learns that the Seanchan are using forkroot to detect and capture men and women who can channel.
- KoD,Ch11 � Mat learns that the Seanchan army at the Murandy border is using forkroot to detect and capture men and women who can channel.
- KoD,Ch12 � Perrin and Tylee go to Almizar to procure thousands of pounds of forkroot.
- KoD,Ch15 � When her pregnancy bothers her Elayne sometimes regrets not drinking heartleaf tea before lying with Rand.
- KoD,Ch20 - Nynaeve takes willowbark when she gets a headache from too much channeling.
- KoD,Ch24 � The Aes Sedai keep Egwene lightly dosed with forkroot so she can barely channel.
- KoD,Ch26 � Perrin and his followers dump thousands of pounds of forkroot into the aqueduct that leads to the cistern in Malden.
- KoD,Ch29 � Maighdin collapses after drinking water laced with forkroot.
- TGS,Ch5 � Cadsuane wishes she had some forkroot to use on Semirhage.
- TGS,Ch31 � Nynaeve Heals Milisair Chadmar after Kerb poisons her with tarchrot leaf. It has a bad taste. It takes several days to kill.
- TGS,Ch39 � Verin poisons herself with asping rot. It has a bad taste. Even a drop can cause a quick, peaceful death within an hour.
- TGS,Ch41 � After the Seanchan raid, there are so many wounded that the sisters use healall on the less serious cases.
- ToM,Ch17 - Mat gives Joline a bag of sweetbuns as a parting gift. They are dosed with sprinklewort and will turn her mouth blue.
- AMoL,Prologue - Melten applies blisterleaf to Talmanes' wound from a Fade's sword. It slows the spread of the Thakan'dar taint.