Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Portal Stones are remnants from an age before the Age of Legends. A portal stone facilitates transportation between other Portal Stones in this world and even in other worlds.
- TGH,Ch11 - Ingtar and his party camp by a Portal Stone. The next morning, Rand, Hurin and Loial have vanished without a trace.
- TGH,Ch13 - Rand, Hurin and Loial wake in a hollow beside a stone cylinder three spans high. It stands on a white stone base. Seven steps lead up from the base out of the hollow. The seven steps match the colors of the seven Ajahs. Loial identifies it as a Portal Stone.
- TGH,Ch13 - Loial recalls reading about Portal Stones in an old book. It said, "From Stone to Stone run the lines of 'if,' between the worlds that might be."
- TGH,Ch16 - Selene tells Rand, Hurin and Loial that there is another Portal Stone nearby in the foothills of Kinslayer's Dagger.
- TGH,Ch17 - She leads them to it and Rand channels them all back to the real world. The Portal Stone symbol for the true world is a little larger than the others, a triangle on its point inside a circle.
- TGH,Ch36 - Verin knows of a Portal Stone in the Aiel Waste. There is another Portal Stone just outside Stedding Tsofu.
- TGH,Ch37 - Verin tells Rand about the Portal Stone symbols. Two parallel wavy lines crossed by an odd squiggle stand for the Portal Stone on Toman Head. Eight symbols in a rectangle stand for different worlds. Each symbol is an arrow in a circle. The arrows point left, right, up or down and either pierce the circle or not.
- TGH,Ch37 - Rand uses the Portal Stone outside Stedding Tsofu to transport his party to Toman Head. Something goes wrong and the trip takes four months. All of them see visions of possible futures.
- TGH,Ch46 - The futures Ingtar saw in the Portal Stone were all terrible.
- TDR,Ch21 - In telling her about Tel'aran'rhiod, Verin reminds Egwene of her lectures on Portal Stones and parallel worlds.
- TSR,Ch22 - From his reading, Rand learns that there is a Portal Stone near Rhuidean and that there are no less than four in Tear. He uses the nearest to transport his party from Tear to Chaendaer.
- ToM,Ch41 - When Grady detects channeling off and on, Perrin thinks an unknown male channeler is using a nearby Portal Stone to bring Shadowspawn to attack the Whitecloaks.