Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
A finely jointed collar and two bracelets of dull black metal. Made during the Breaking, it is a ter'angreal, a male version of the a'dam, that allows a woman or two women to control a man who can channel. The sad bracelets are dangerous to use. They do not prevent the man from going mad and eventually he will be able to control the woman as well as she controlling him. Two women reduce this back seepage, but control lessens as well. The sad bracelets are made of a material like cuendillar and are nearly impossible to destroy.
- TSR,Ch5 - Amico claims that she overheard Liandrin tell Temaile that there was something important that could control Rand in Tanchico.
- TSR,Ch11 - Egwene finds the sad bracelets on display in the museum of the Panarch's Palace in Tanchico while in Tel'aran'rhiod.
- TSR,Ch38 - Eldrith Jhondar has determined that the object the Black Ajah is seeking that will control Rand is a ter'angreal of some sort and is in the Panarch's Palace.
- TSR,Ch46 - Moghedien learns from Elayne and Nynaeve that the sad bracelets are in the Panarch's Palace.
- TSR,Ch52 - In Tel'aran'rhiod Nynaeve sees Moghedien examine the sad bracelets. Later she touches them and feels waves of pain and sorrow.
- TSR,Ch54 - Moghedien describes the workings of the sad bracelets while she battles Nynaeve. Nynaeve shields her and collects the sad bracelets.
- TSR,Ch55 - Elayne tries to destroy the sad bracelets with Fire, but they do not even get warm. Nynaeve gives the sad bracelets to Bayle Domon who intends to throw them into the ocean near the Aile Somera.
- WH,Ch21 - Bayle Domon and Egeanin take the sad bracelets to Cantorin, but they are boarded by another Seanchan ship. Egeanin gives the sad bracelets to Suroth.
- WH,Ch29 - Thom and Juilin tell Mat about the sad bracelets. They agree it is a moot point as they are now at the bottom of the ocean.
- KoD,Ch27 � After capturing Semirhage, Rand's party finds a box containing six a'dam and five copies of the sad bracelets. Nynaeve is furious that Egeanin did not keep her word and drop the sad bracelets in the ocean.
- TGS,Ch14 � Cadsuane keeps the male access key and sad bracelets in a heavily warded box in her rooms. She left the sad bracelets copies, the a'dam and Callandor with some women she trusts.
- TGS,Ch22 � Shaidar Haran gives Semirhage the Domination Band. She uses it on Rand, but he gets access to the True Power and destroys it.
- TGS,Ch23 � Rand shows Cadsuane her opened box and exiles her for failing to keep the Domination Band safe.
- TGS,Ch31 � Cadsuane thinks the loss of the Domination Band was not her fault. The Seanchan made others, so the first was taken specifically to sow mistrust.
- AMoL,Prologue - Nynaeve berates Leilwin for giving the sad bracelets to Suroth.