Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
An Ajah of the Aes Sedai. The red Ajah bends its energies to finding men who can channel and gentling them. Although women cannot detect saidin, they can read the residue of the weaves and that is their primary tool for tracking. Galina Casban, the head of the Red Ajah, is called the Highest. After Galina's disappearance Tsutama Rath is elected Highest.
When the White Tower split, all of the Red Ajah remained loyal to the Tower.
- Tor Website Q&A � Jordan states, "There are various ways that the effects of male channeling can be found, weaves that find the resonance of the residues of saidin. Check in Crossroads of Twilight. They do not detect the actual weaves, though, only the residues left after the weave is released. After that, it becomes a matter of detective work. Though perhaps stalking a leopard might be a better metaphor. As for Cadsuane, she has a few more tools at her disposal than other Aes Sedai, the reason for her extremely high success rate. Check Winter's Heart, and a few earlier mentions, for this one."
- NS,Ch3 � Moiraine and Siuan wonder what the Red Ajah will do about the Dragon Reborn.
- NS,Ch14 � There is long standing animosity between the Blue Ajah and the Red Ajah.
- TEotW,Ch12 - The prime duty of the Red Ajah is to hunt down men who can channel and gentle them.
- TEotW,Ch23 - The Red Ajah wanted to gentle Elyas Machera when they learned that he could talk with wolves.
- TEotW,Ch33 � In a dream, Thom asks Rand if the Red Ajah or the Black will find him first.
- TEotW,Ch43 - The Red Ajah believes that the Ogier worsened the Breaking by offering sanctuary to male Aes Sedai.
- TEotW,Glossary - Red Ajah sisters do not have Warders.
- TGH,Ch4 - The recent alliance between the Green Ajah and the Red Ajah is strange. Their beliefs, their attitudes toward men and their views on the purpose of Aes Sedai are completely opposite.
- TGH,Ch5 - Only two Amyrlin Seats were ever removed from office, both of them from the Red Ajah. Both their replacements were raised from the Blue Ajah. There has not been an Amyrlin Seat from the Red Ajah since Bonwhin during Artur Hawkwing's reign. The Red Ajah and Blue Ajah have been antagonistic ever since.
- TDR,Ch23 - According to Alanna, a Red Ajah sister despises men as if every one of them were responsible for the Breaking.
- TDR,Ch31 - Thom worries that the Red Ajah still remembers him.
- TDR,Ch36 - Moiraine warns Perrin to avoid the Red Ajah as they would try to gentle him and might even kill him for being a Wolfbrother.
- TSR,Ch1 - There is no love lost between the Red Ajah and White Ajah. The White Ajah usually sides with the Blue Ajah.
- TFoH,Prologue - All the Ajahs except White have networks of informants known as eyes and ears.
- TFoH,Ch27 - Siuan tells the leaders of the Salidar Aes Sedai that Logain was set up as a false Dragon by the Red Ajah.
- LoC,Ch8 - The Salidar Aes Sedai bring in local nobles to meet Logain and hear how the Red Ajah set him up.
- LoC,Ch9 - Balwer reports to Pedron Niall that the Aes Sedai in Salidar claim that the Red Ajah set up Logain.
- LoC,Ch22 - The rumor of the Red Ajah setting up Logain reaches Mat and the Band of the Red Hand.
- LoC,Ch27 - Red Ajah sisters rarely have friends outside their own Ajah.
- LoC,Ch42 - Taim reports to Rand that the Red Ajah has set up posts near the Black Tower to intercept men on their way.
- ACoS,Prologue - Fifteen years ago, all three Sitters for the Red Ajah were exiled because of a scandal.
- ACoS,Ch32 - The Red Ajah is the largest of the seven.
- ACoS,Ch32 - Once Aes Sedai join the Red Ajah they are strongly discouraged from having friends outside their Ajah.
- ACoS,Ch40 � Galina Casban has been the Highest of the Red Ajah for nearly twenty years.
- WH,Ch10 - Chesmal induced the Red Ajah into murdering Sierin Vayu before Sierin could order Chesmal's arrest.
- WH,Ch13 - Cadsuane is concerned when four Red Ajah sisters swear fealty to Rand.
- CoT,Ch12 � There are Red Ajah sisters in Caemlyn asking about the Black Tower, but they leave after Arymilla's armies arrive.
- CoT,Ch14 � The Red Ajah has a number of spies in the Royal Palace in Caemlyn.
- CoT,Ch14 � From their spies, the Red Ajah and the Brown Ajah must now know about the Kin.