Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Band of the Red Hand
Mat Cauthon's army, Shen an Calhar in the Old Tongue. The men in the army are personally loyal to Mat because of his ta'veren charisma and because of his reputation of never losing a battle. The military police of the Band are called Redarms. The motto of the Band is "Dovie'andi se tovya sagain." "It's time to roll the dice." The banner of the Band is a red hand on a white field with the motto below.
- Belvyn - (killed by Moghedien, ACoS,Ch37)
- Corevin - (killed, ACoS,Ch38)
- Derry - (killed by the gholam, ToM,Ch9)
- Fergin - (killed by the gholam, ToM,Ch9)
- Gorderan - (killed by the gholam, ToM,Ch9)
- Lawtin - (killed by Moghedien, ACoS,Ch37)
- Lawdrin Mendair - (killed by the gholam, ACoS,Ch38)
- Slone Maddow
- Tad Kandel - (killed, ACoS,Ch38)
- Chel Vanin
- Will Reeve
- TFoH,Ch45 - Nalesean and Talmanes swear fealty to Mat as their general and declare that he should have a banner of his own.
- TFoH,Ch51 - Moiraine notes that the Band of the Red Hand was Aemon's personal army during the Trolloc Wars.
- LoC,Ch5 - Mat has the Band stationed in Maerone. Daerid commands the foot soldiers of the Band while Talmanes and Nalesean each command half the cavalry. The Band is now six thousand strong.
- LoC,Ch5 - Those of the Band who serve as military police are called Redarms.
- LoC,Ch5 - The Band is divided into squadrons, each led by a young noble. The have names for themselves such as Edorion's Hammers, Carlomin's Leopards or Reimon's Eagles.
- LoC,Ch22 - Mat and the Band are half way from Maerone to Tear.
- LoC,Ch22 - Talmanes leads the First Banner of Horse, the Thunderbolts.
- LoC,Ch33 - Rand diverts Mat and the Band and sends them to Salidar after Elayne.
- LoC,Ch38 - The Band of the Red Hand nears Salidar. Mat rides into town with a few men and Aviendha.
- LoC,Ch39 - Mat sends Vanin back to the Band with orders for them to stay put. The Band of the Red Hand is about six to seven thousand strong.
- LoC,Ch44 - Nalesean, Vanin and a dozen other Redarms accompany Mat to Ebou Dar. Mat leaves Talmanes in charge of the Band and orders him to follow the Salidar Aes Sedai.
- LoC,Ch47 - Several of Mat's Band of the Red Hand accompany him to Ebou Dar.
- LoC,Ch52 - Talmanes keeps the Band's camp about ten miles from Bryne's army and the Aes Sedai as they head north through Altara.
- ACoS,Ch12 - Gareth Bryne reports to Egwene that the Band of the Red Hand now numbers ten thousand.
- TPoD,Ch18 - Talmanes and the Band develop a feeling that Mat needs them in the south. They stay in Murandy as mercenaries for King Roedran instead of accompanying Egwene to Tar Valon.
- WH,Ch30 - Mat tells Nerim and Lopin to leave at dawn the next morning with or without him and find Talmanes and the Band.
- KoD,Ch25 � After finishing their commission with King Roedran, Talmanes sends half the Band of the Red Hand north to Andor and takes the other half into Altara to find Mat.
- KoD,Ch26 � Mat rejoins with Talmanes and his command.
- KoD,Ch27 � Mat has the Band attack Seanchan posts in Altara to goad them into pulling their main army out of the Malvide Narrows so he and the Band can escape into Murandy.
- KoD,Ch37 � The Band of the Red Hand wipes out the Seanchan force trying to kill Tuon.
- TGS,Ch20 � Mat leads the Band through Murandy. They are headed to Andor to rejoin the rest of the Band.
- TGS,Ch36 � Verin offers to transport Mat and the Band to Caemlyn via gateway.
- ToM,Ch19 - Mat signs a commission with Elayne for the Band of the Red Hand to work for Andor.
- ToM,Ch56 - Part of the Band accompanies Elayne to Cairhien and then to the Field of Merrilor.
- AMoL,Prologue - Talmanes leads the rest of the Band into Caemlyn to rescue the dragons.