Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
The inhabitants of Seanchan, the continent across the Aryth Ocean from the Westlands.
a'dam, damane, marath'damane, sul'dam
Armies of the Night
Luthair Paendrag's army quite naturally thought the fighting Aes Sedai and exotic creatures they found were Darkfriends and named them thusly.
- TGH,Ch7 - The Sea Folk fear the Armies of the Night across the Aryth Ocean.
- TGH,Ch29 � The Seanchan begin their invasion. They collect women who can channel as damane but otherwise they only require that people swear to obey the Forerunners, await the Return, and serve Those Who Come Home.
- TGH,Ch34 - When Fain claims that Trollocs are following him Turak says the Armies of the Night had other followers.
- TGH,Ch40 - Luthair Paendrag used a'dam to control Aes Sedai who were part of the Armies of the Night.
Seeker for Truth
They are charged with Imperial Security. Most of the prisoners are held in the central imperial prison called the Tower of Ravens. The prison is located in Seandar. Seekers can be identified by raven and tower tattoos.
Daughter of the Nine Moons
The Seanchan have returned to the Westlands to reclaim the lands of their forefathers. The Corenne (koh-REEN-neh) or "Return" is led by the Hailene (heye-LEE-neh) or "Forerunners," "Those Who Come Before" to pave the way for the Rhyagelle (rheye-ah-GEHL) or "Homecomers," "Those Who Come Home." (TGH,Glossary, TGH,Ch29)
- TGH,Ch7 - The Sea Folk have a saying about Seanchan, "lands under the Shadow, beyond the setting sun, beyond the Aryth Ocean, where the Armies of Night reign."
- TGH,Ch22 - The Watchers Over the Waves await the Return at Falme on Toman Head.
- TGH,Ch29 - Geofram Bornhald has learned quite a lot about the Seanchan.
- TGH,Ch40 - High Lady Suroth has orders to take Egwene and Nynaeve back to Seanchan.
- TGH,Ch41 - Rand and his party learn about the Seanchan at Atuan's Mill.
- TGH,Ch42 - Egwene is to be taken to Seanchan in a few days.
- TGH,Ch44 - Because of the damane, the Whitecloaks believe the Seanchan are openly supported by Aes Sedai.
- TGH,Ch47 - The Whitecloaks battle the Seanchan as Rand battles Ba'alzamon over Falme.
- TDR,Prologue - Jaret Byar and Jaichim Carridin both tell Pedron Niall that the Seanchan are Darkfriends supported by Aes Sedai.
- TDR,Ch12 - Verin tells Siuan that the Seanchan will return and that they use the One Power in battle.
- TDR,Ch25 - Egwene dreams of sul'dam ordering Aes Sedai to channel lightning against the White Tower. She dreams of Rand confronting the Seanchan and Mat with the Seanchan as well.
- TDR,Ch37 - Egwene continues to have dreams about the Seanchan.
- TDR,Ch48 - Egwene dreams of Rand confronting the Seanchan. She dreams of Rand confronting her and the women with her, and one of them is Seanchan.
- TSR,Ch1 - High Lady Suroth consolidates the Seanchan forces on Cantorin.
- TSR,Ch11 - Egwene dreams of Mat wrestling with a Seanchan woman who ties an invisible leash to him.
- TSR,Ch38 - High Lady Suroth has agents searching the western part of the Westlands for the sul'dam who deserted at Falme.
- TSR,Ch38 - Seekers for Truth are the property of the Imperial family. They carry identification plaques and have tattoos of the raven and tower.
- TSR,Ch46 - High Lady Suroth has a Seeker for Truth checking up on these agents.
- TSR,Ch52 - Seanchan always dress properly. Servants and shea dancers were very revealing clothes.
- TFoH,Ch13 - Nynaeve recognizes Cerandin's giant boar-horses as the war animals the Seanchan used at Falme.
- TFoH,Ch17 - Nynaeve and Elayne confront Cerandin with her identity as a Seanchan.
- TFoH,Ch24 - Cerandin tells Nynaeve and Elayne a great deal about Seanchan.
- TFoH,Ch32 - Aviendha panics and Travels to Seanchan. Rand follows. On their way back, they encounter a small party of Seanchan and barely escape.
- TFoH,Ch47 - An attractive, well bred woman might attract a Lord who will take her as an asa. He might eventually marry her.
- TFoH,Ch56 - Thinking of Sammael in Illian, the rest of the Forsaken and the Seanchan, Rand tells Bashere that there will be blood and death before there is peace.
- LoC,Ch52 - In Ebou Dar, a Seanchan spy overhears Mat mention the Daughter of the Nine Moons.
- LoC,Epilogue - The Seanchan spy leaves Ebou Dar hoping that the Return and the Daughter of the Nine Moons will come soon.
- ACoS,Ch26 - High Lady Suroth has an entourage of shea dancers.
- TPoD,Ch6 - Seanchan damane make displays called Sky Lights similar to Illuminators' displays.
- WH,Ch1 - The Seanchan defeat King Ailron and the army of Amadicia at the town of Jeramel, but Eamon Valda and most of Whitecloaks escape and head east.
- WH,Ch5 - Berelain tells Perrin that Masema has been meeting with the Seanchan.
- WH,Ch6 - Perrin learns that are five to ten thousand soldiers to the south. They must be either Whitecloaks or the Seanchan.
- WH,Ch8 - Eighteen of the Kin in Caemlyn are sent into Seanchan held territory to find other members of the Kin who may be trapped.
- WH,Ch14 - Seanchan royalty have a Soe'feia or Truthspeaker whose job is to bluntly tell them the truth as they see it no matter how painful or embarrassing.
- WH,Ch15 - When the Seanchan take over Tanchico, the Illuminators resist. The Seanchan destroy the Guild House and take the residents as da'covale.
- WH,Ch15 - Illuminators' displays are just a few sparks compared to damane Sky Lights.
- WH,Ch16 - The Corenne arrives in Ebou Dar. Thousands of Seanchan immigrants fill the streets.
- WH,Ch18 - Seanchan coins have the image of the Empress on one face and the Crystal Throne on the other.
- WH,Ch20 - Bethamin is from the village of Abunai on the Sea of L'Heye.
- WH,Ch21 - Seanchan names for the Dark One include the Dark Lord and Soulblinder.
- WH,Ch24 - Verin intimidates the Counsels of Far Madding with information on Rand's armies and the Seanchan.
- WH,Ch32 - Verin tells Rand that the Seanchan are moving back into Illian.
- CoT,Prologue � The Domani, Dragonsworn and Taraboner forces in Arad Doman unite to drive the Seanchan out of Almoth Plain and Tarabon.
- CoT,Ch1 - Many ships, both Sea Folk and Seanchan, are sunk when the Windfinders escape in Ebou Dar.
- CoT,Ch3 - Tuon's kidnapping is kept secret as it would be seen as a bad omen for the Return.
- CoT,Ch4 - The Seanchan are making plans against Tar Valon because of the threat of the mysterious Aes Sedai "weapon."
- CoT,Ch4 - In a thousand years there has never been a case of a Deathwatch Guard betraying his loyalty.
- CoT,Ch4 - Seanchan say devotions to the Empress every morning.
- CoT,Ch5 � Perrin and Balwer discuss whether Masema�s riders are meeting with the Seanchan or the Whitecloaks.
- CoT,Ch15 � Shiaine orders Daved Hanlon to free some of the sul'dam held prisoner in the Royal Palace.
- CoT,Ch20 � Egwene dreams that the Seanchan will attack the White Tower, yet a Seanchan woman will save her.
- CoT,Ch24 � Rand sends Bashere, Logain and Loial to negotiate a truce with the Seanchan.
- CoT,Ch27 � Tallanvor makes contact with a Seanchan army of fifteen thousand hunting the Shaido. Perrin agrees to meet with them.
- CoT,Ch28 - The Seanchan seem to be moving toward Illian in force.
- CoT,Ch28 - Selucia says Mat's gaudy necklace is only fit for a shea dancer and gives it to Egeanin, telling her to wear a shea dancer's veil the next time she shows her face.
- CoT,Epilogue � Bashere, Logain and Loial report Rand that the Seanchan are willing to negotiate. High Lady Suroth wants him to meet the Daughter of the Nine Moons.
- CoT,Glossary - "The Lady of the Shadows" is a Seanchan term for death.
- KoD,Prologue � The Whitecloaks ally with the Seanchan but a majority faction led by Galad breaks away.
- KoD,Prologue � Rodel Ituralde attacks dozens of Seanchan outposts in Tarabon.
- KoD,Prologue � Egwene tells Silviana about her Dream of the Seanchan attacking the White Tower.
- KoD,Ch2 � Elaida receives news of rebellion in Tarabon against the Seanchan.
- KoD,Ch4 � Perrin makes a deal with the Seanchan to take out the Shaido in Malden.
- KoD,Ch11 � Thom learns that there is a Seanchan army at the Murandy border. They are there to prevent an attack from Murandy or Andor. They give forkroot to everyone who passes by. They are also looking for the fake Tuon.
- TGS,Prologue � Rand sends the surviving sul'dam and damane back to the Seanchan with the message that he still wants a meeting with the Daughter of the Nine Moons.
- TGS,Prologue � The Seanchan force of 150,000 falls into the trap set by Rodel Ituralde at Darluna.
- TGS,Ch6 � Rodel Ituralde defeats the Seanchan at Darluna, but this will only bring a stronger Seanchan force next time.
- TGS,Ch10 � With 300,000 Seanchan at his back, Rodel Ituralde agrees to ally with Rand and go to Saldaea. In return, Rand will treat with the Seanchan to get them out of Arad Doman.
- TGS,Ch15 � The Seanchan show off their leashed Shaido Wise Ones in front of Rand�s embassy.
- TGS,Ch31 � Rand suggests Katar as a location for his meeting with the Daughter of the Nine Moons but the Seanchan reject it. Rand then offers Falme.
- TGS,Ch36 � The most elite Seanchan fighters are Bloodknives. They are suicide assassins. The wear a ter'angreal into battle which enhances their speed and stamina. It also kills them in a few days.
- TGS,Ch39 � The Seanchan begin their raid on the White Tower.
- TGS,Ch41 � Egwene succeeds in driving off the attack, but not before much damage is done and many women are taken.
- TGS,Ch41 � In capturing Elaida, the Seanchan now have Traveling.
- TGS,Ch47 � Tam tells Rand that Perrin has been doing a fine job balancing the Seanchan, the Prophet, the Whitecloaks and Queen Morgase.
- TGS,Ch49 � Rand Travels to Ebou Dar with the intent of destroying the Seanchan, but in the end he cannot bring himself to do it.
- TGS,Epilogue � The Seanchan captured forty women, over two dozen of them full Aes Sedai.
- ToM,Ch47 - After learning Traveling, the Seanchan begin planning an all out attack on the White Tower.