Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Questions and Answers from the Aelfinn
The twisted red doorway in the Stone of Tear leads to the land of the Aelfinn who give truthful answers to three questions. We know for a fact that Mat, Rand and Moiraine went through the doorway and got answers to questions.
- "Should I go home to my people?"
- "You must go to Rhuidean."
- "Why should I?"
- "If you do not go to Rhuidean you will die."
- "You will have sidestepped the thread of fate, left your fate to drift on the winds of time, and you will be killed by those who do not want that fate fulfilled."
- When Mat demands to know his fate, the Aelfinn continue, "To marry the Daughter of the Nine Moons! To die and live again, and live once more a part of what was! To give up half the light of the world to save the world! Go to Rhuidean, son of battles! Go to Rhuidean, trickster! Go, gambler! Go!"
- One question was how to cleanse saidin.
- The answer was a riddle that Herid Fel says "stated sound principles in both high philosophy and natural philosophy."
- "How can I win the Last Battle and survive?"
- "The north and the east must be as one. The west and the south must be as one. The two must be as one. If you would live, you must die."
- The third question and answer are unknown. The Aelfinn did not mention Rhuidean to him.
We know nothing about the three questions Moiraine asked and the three answers she received.