Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
These are prophecies from Wise Ones' or Egwene's dreams and from Perrin's wolf dreams. Like other prophecies they are often difficult to interpret. Unlike other prophecies these will probably, but not necessarily, happen. Anaiya tells Egwene that Dreaming is closely related to Foretelling. (TGH,Ch12)
See the FAQ, Section 4.1, local FAQ, Section 4.1 for interpretations of Egwene's dreams.
- First there had been a man with a mask over his face, and fire in place of his eyes. Despite the mask, she had thought he was surprised to see her. His look had frightened her..., but suddenly he vanished, and she saw Rand sleeping on the ground.... A woman had been standing over him, looking down. Her face was in shadow, but her eyes seemed to shine like the moon, and Egwene had known she was evil. Then there was a flash of light, and they were gone. Both of them. And behind it all, almost like another thing altogether, was the feel of danger, as if a trap was just beginning to snap shut on an unsuspecting lamb, a trap with many jaws. As though time had slowed, and she could watch the iron jaws creep closer together.
- She had dreamed of the Seanchan, too, of women in dresses with lightning bolts woven on their breasts, collaring a long line of women who wore Great Serpent rings, forcing them to call lightning against the White Tower.
- And the dream about Whitecloaks binding her father's hands.
- Rand, reaching for a sword that seemed to be made of crystal, never seeing the fine net dropping over him.
- And one of him kneeling in a chamber where a parched wind blew dust across the floor, and creatures like the one on the Dragon Banner, but much smaller, floated on that wind, and settled into his skin.
- Him walking down into a great hole in a black mountain, a hole filled with a reddish glare as from vast fires below.
- Him confronting Seanchan.
- Perrin with a falcon on his shoulder, and Perrin with a hawk. Only the hawk held a leash in her talons - Egwene was somehow convinced both hawk and falcon were female - and the hawk was trying to fasten it around Perrin's neck.
- Perrin - with a beard! - leading a huge pack of wolves that stretched as far as the eye could see.
- Mat, placing his own left eye on a balance scale.
- Mat, hanging by his neck from a tree limb.
- Mat and Seanchan, too.
- Mat speaking the Old Tongue.
- Rand holding a sword that blazed like the sun, till she could hardly see that it was a sword, could hardly make out that it was him at all.
- Rand threatened in a dozen ways, none of them the least bit real.
- Rand on a huge stones board, the black and white stones as big as boulders, and him dodging the monstrous hands that moved them and seemed to try to crush him under them.
- Perrin with a wolf, and with a falcon, and a hawk - and the falcon and the hawk fighting.
- Perrin running from someone deadly.
- Perrin stepping willingly over the edge of a towering cliff while saying, "It must be done. I must learn to fly before I reach the bottom."
- An Aiel, and she thought that had to do with Perrin, too.
- Min, springing a steel trap but somehow walking through it without so much as seeing it.
- Mat with dice spinning 'round him.
- Mat being followed by a man who was not there.
- Mat riding desperately toward something unseen in the distance that he had to reach.
- Mat with a woman who seemed to be tossing fireworks about. An Illuminator she assumed.
- Men and women breaking out of a cage, then putting on crowns.
- A woman playing with puppets, and another dream where the strings on puppets led to the hands of larger puppets, and their strings led to still greater puppets, on and on until the last strings vanished into unimaginable heights.
- Kings dying, queens weeping, battles raging.
- Whitecloaks ravaging the Two Rivers.
- Several dreams about the Seanchan.
- A Whitecloak putting Master Luhhan in the middle of a huge, toothed trap for bait.
- Perrin with a falcon on his shoulder.
- Perrin choosing between that axe he wore now and a blacksmith's hammer.
- Mat dicing with the Dark One.
- Mat shouting at her, "I am coming."
- Rand sneaking through utter darkness toward Callandor, while all around him six men and five women walked, some hunting him and some ignoring him, some trying to guide him toward the shining crystal sword and some trying to stop him from reaching it, appearing not to know where he was, or only to see him in flashes. One of the men had eyes of flame, and he wanted Rand dead with a desperation she could nearly taste. She thought she knew him. Ba'alzamon.
- Rand in that dry, dusty chamber again, with those small creatures settling into his skin.
- Rand confronting a horde of Seanchan.
- Rand confronting her, and the women with her, and one of them was a Seanchan.
- Rand as tall as a mountain, walking through cities, crushing buildings beneath his feet, with screaming people like ants fleeing from him.
- Rand in chains, and it was he who was screaming.
- Rand building a wall with him on one side and her on the other, her and Elayne and others she could not make out. "It has to be done," he was saying as he piled up stones. "I'll not let you stop me now."
- Aiel fighting each other, killing each other, even throwing away their weapons and running as if they had gone mad.
- Mat wrestling with a Seanchan woman who tied an invisible leash to him.
- A wolf - she was sure it was Perrin, though - fighting a man whose face kept changing.
- Galad wrapping himself in white as though putting on his own shroud.
- Gawyn with his eyes full of pain and hatred.
- Her mother weeping.
- Rand sitting down in a chair, and somehow she knew that the chair's owner would be murderously angry at having her chair taken; that the owner was a woman was as much as she could pick out of that, and not a thing more.
- Perrin, lounging with Faile on his lap, kissing her while she played with the short-cut beard he wore in the dream. Behind them two banners waved, a red wolf's head and a crimson eagle. A man in a bright yellow coat stood near to Perrin's shoulder, a sword strapped to his back; in some way she knew that he was a Tinker, though no Tinker would even touch a sword. And every bit of it except the beard seemed important. The banners, Faile kissing Perrin, even the Tinker. Every time he moved closer to Perrin it was as if a chill of doom shot through everything.
- Mat throwing dice with blood streaming down his face, the wide brim of his hat pulled low so she could not see his wound, while Thom Merrilin put his hand into a fire to draw out the small blue stone that now dangled on Moiraine's forehead.
- A storm, great dark clouds rolling without wind or rain while forked lightning bolts, every one identical, rent the earth.
- Gawyn - Him kneeling while she cupped his head in her hands.
- Twice, right on top one another, she dreamed of taking him by the shoulders and trying to turn him to face the other way against his will. Once he brushed her hands away roughly; the other time, she was somehow stronger than he. The two blended together hazily.
- In another he began swinging a door closed on her, and she knew if that narrowing gap of light vanished, she was dead.
- Perrin came and stood before her, a wolf lying at his feet, a hawk and a falcon perched on his shoulders glaring at each other over his head. Seemingly unaware of them, he kept trying to throw away that axe of his, until finally he ran, the axe floating through the air, chasing him.
- Again Perrin; he turned away from a Tinker and ran, faster and faster though she called for him to come back.
- Mat spoke strange words she almost understood - the Old Tongue, she thought - and two ravens alighted on his shoulders, claws sinking through his coat into the flesh beneath. He seemed no more aware of them than Perrin had been of the hawk and falcon, yet defiance passed across his face, and then grim acceptance.
- In another a woman, face shrouded in shadow, beckoned him toward great danger; Egwene did not know what, only that it was monstrous.
- Elayne forcing Rand to his knees with one hand.
- Elayne and Min and Aviendha sitting in a silent circle around him, each in turn reaching out to lay a hand on him.
- Him walking toward a burning mountain, something crunching beneath his boots. She stirred and whimpered; the crunching things were the seals on the Dark One's prison, shattering with his every step. She knew it. She did not need to see them to know.
- Egwene dreams of approaching Elayne and Nynaeve; every time one of them said a word, they tripped and fell on their faces or dropped a cup or plate or knocked over a vase, always something that shattered on impact.
- In a vast chamber Gawyn walks toward her barefoot over broken glass leaving a trail of blood.
- She stands at fork in road. Gawyn rides up not seeing her. One road leads to violent death, the other, long life. Down one road they marry, the other, not. Gawyn smiles and chooses.
- She stands before an immense wall trying to tear it down. It's made of black and white disks. She can't tear it down.
- Mat watches Illuminator's fireworks. He grabs one out of the air and arrows of fire shoot from his fist. Men will die because of this.
- She's strapped to a block as a headsman swings. Somewhere, someone is running and if they run fast enough the axe will stop.
- Logain, laughing, steps over something onto a black stone. It looks like Rand's body, but when she touches his face it breaks like paper puppet.
- A golden female hawk touches her and they are tied together.
- A man lies dying on a narrow bed. It's important that he not die, but funeral pyre is prepared.
- A dark young man holds a brightly shining object in his hand.
- Rand, wearing different masks, until suddenly one of those false faces was no longer a mask, but him.
- Perrin and a Tinker, frenziedly hacking their way through brambles with axe and sword, unaware of the cliff that lay ahead. And the brambles screamed with human voices they did not hear.
- Mat, weighing two Aes Sedai on a huge set of balance scales, and on his decision depended...She could not say what; something vast; the world, perhaps.
- Mat bowls on a village green. He knocks over pins again and again, only the pins are men and they are dead. Each pin represents thousands of men and an Illuminator was part of it.
- Egwene walks a ledge on a cliff. The ledge collapses leaving her hanging by her fingertips. A Seanchan woman climbs down the cliff and offers to help.
- Atop a mountain sits a white plinth with a glass oil lantern on top. Two ravens fly by and set the lamp tottering.
- Thirteen black towers rose in the distance. The ground shakes and one by one they fall until six remain, one of the fallen growing back to the tallest of all.
- A nest of fledgling eagles screech for their mother. One turns into a serpent and begins swallowing the others.
- An enormous sphere made of the finest crystal on a dark hilltop. It sparkles in the light of twenty-three enormous stars. There are cracks in it and it is help together by ropes. Rand walks up with a woodsman axe and chops the ropes. The sphere breaks apart, falling to pieces and Rand shakes his head.
See the FAQ, Section 4.3, local FAQ, Section 4.3 for interpretations of the Wise Ones' dreams.
- The dreamwalkers did not see Egwene or Mat at all. There was an even chance Rand would come. If he did not, he and the Aiel would die. If he survives Rhuidean some of the Aiel will survive. If Moiraine did not come Rand would die. If Lan did not come Moiraine would die. Melaine then slips and starts to say what would happen if Moiraine does not go through the rings.
- Rand - "Melaine and Bair dreamed of you on a boat with three women whose faces they could not see, and a scale tilting first one way then the other.
- Melaine and Amys dreamed of a man standing by your side with a dagger to your throat, but you did not see him.
- Bair and Amys dreamed of you cutting the wetlands in two with a sword.
- All three had this dream, which makes it especially significant. Rain, coming from a bowl. There are snares and pitfalls around the bowl. If the right hands pick it up, they will find a treasure perhaps as great as the bowl. If the wrong hands, the world is doomed. The key to finding the bowl is to find the one who is no longer."
Perrin's Wolf Dreams
See the FAQ, Section 4.6, local FAQ, Section 4.6 for interpretations of Perrin's dreams.
- A tall, slender man in richly embroidered coat and boots with gold fringe; most of the time he held what seemed to be a sword, shining like the sun, and laughed triumphantly. Sometimes the man sat on a throne, and kings and queens groveled before him. These felt strange, as if they were not really his dreams at all.
- He is on a high stone spire. A window opens and he sees Mat rattling a dice cup. His opponent stared at Mat with eyes of fire. Mat did not seem to see the man, but Perrin knew him. Ba'alzamon.
- Another window opens - Egwene and Nynaeve and Elayne stood looking at a huge metal cage, with a raised door held on a heavy spring. They stepped in and reached up together to loose the catch. The barred door snapped down behind them. A woman with her hair all in braids laughed at them, and another woman all in white laughed at her.
- Rand stood amid swirling stormwinds, laughing wildly, even madly, arms upraised, and on the winds rode small shapes, gold-and-scarlet, like the strange figure on the Dragon Banner; hidden eyes watched Rand, and there was no telling whether he knew it.
- Nynaeve and Elayne stalked cautiously through a demented landscape of twisted, shadowed buildings, hunting some dangerous beast.
- Mat, standing where a road forked ahead of him. He flipped a coin, started down one branch, and suddenly was wearing a wide-brimmed hat and walking with a staff bearing a short sword blade.
- Egwene and a woman with long white hair were staring at him in surprise while behind them the White Tower crumbled stone by stone.
- Egwene stood among a crowd of women, fear in her eyes; slowly the women knelt around her. Nynaeve was one of them, and he believed he saw Elayne's red-gold hair.
- Mat stood naked and bound, snarling; an odd spear with a black shaft had been thrust across his back behind his elbows, and a silver medallion, a foxhead, hung on his chest.
- Perrin thought it was Rand. He wore rags and a rough cloak, and a bandage covered his eyes.
- Mat fighting against himself, a dozen different men wearing his face, all dressed in different types of fine clothing, never seeing the shadowy figure behind him with a bloody knife.
- Sheep running in a flock toward the woods chased by wolves. A terrible beast waits unseen. Something is wrong with the wolves.
- Faile, Grady, Elyas, Gaul followed by thousands all walk toward a cliff.