Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Min sees images surrounding people who are important in the Pattern. She often cannot interpret what they mean, but they foretell future events and they always come true. Ta'veren always have images. Aes Sedai and their Warders nearly always have images as do the Asha'man. She never sees images around Ogier. Images of channelers are blurry when they hold the One Power, especially when they are actually channeling. If they are stilled, Aes Sedai no longer have constant auras.
For interpretations of Min's viewings see the FAQ, Section 4.2, local FAQ, Section 4.2.
- The whole group - Sparks swirling around you, thousands of them, and a big shadow, darker than midnight. The sparks are trying to fill the shadow, and the shadow is trying to swallow the sparks. You are all tied together in something dangerous.
- Egwene - She's part of it. You're in love with her. She loves you, too, but she's not for you, or you for her. Not the way you both want. When I look at her, I see the same as when I look at Mistress Alys. She won't refuse it.
- Lan - Seven ruined towers around his head, and a babe in a cradle holding a sword.
- Thom - A mannot himjuggling fire, and the White Tower.
- Perrin - A wolf, and a broken crown, and trees flowering all around him.
- Mat - A red eagle, an eye on a balance scale, a dagger with a ruby, a horn, and a laughing face.
- Rand - A sword that isn't a sword, a golden crown of laurel leaves, a beggar's staff, you pouring water on sand, a bloody hand and white-hot iron, three women standing over a funeral bier with you on it, black rock wet with blood, lightning around you, some striking at you, some coming out of you. You and I will meet again.
- Rand - Min does not completely reveal her first viewing of Rand until TFoH,Ch50. (see below)
- Nynaeve - She's part of it, right along with the rest of you.
- The whole group - The sparks, Rand. She met Mistress Alys coming in, and there were sparks, with just the two of them. Yesterday I couldn't see sparks without at least three or four of you together, but today it's all sharper, and more furious. You're all in more danger today than yesterday. Since she came.
- Elayne - She will have to share her husband with two other women and she will be a queen. A severed hand, not hers.
- Egwene - A white flame and other things.
- Galad - He will always do what is right, no matter who it hurts.
- Galad - He will hurt someone to serve a greater good and not even notice.
- Egwene, Nynaeve and Elayne - "Danger. You are all in some kind of danger. Or you will be, very soon." And after they all decide to accompany Liandrin - "I think she has to come as much as the rest of you. The rest of us. I can see the danger around all of you more clearly, now."
- Nynaeve - "A man's ring of heavy gold floated above Nynaeve's head." It means trouble but it seems distant, somewhere in the future.
- Elayne - "above Elayne's, a red-hot iron and an axe." It means trouble but it seems distant, somewhere in the future.
- Leya - "The Tinker woman is going to die. I saw her own face floating over her shoulder, covered in blood, eyes staring."
- Perrin - "An Aielman in a cage. A Tuatha'an with a sword. A falcon and a hawk, perching on your shoulders. Both female, I think."
- Ananda of the Yellow Ajah - a sickly brown halo, shriveled and split by rotting fissures that fell in and widened as they decayed.
- One of the Green Ajah, small and fair-haired - on her shoulder sat a human skull. A small woman's skull, picked clean and sun-bleached.
- A third Aes Sedai, plumply pretty, arrogant, cool, blue eyes - a tattered curtain of blood, crimson streamers running down her face.
- All three will die on the same day.
- An apple-cheeked Accepted - bars floated in front of her face like a cage.
- Sheriam - her face seemed battered and bruised.
- A Brown Ajah sister - her aura faded like a guttering candle flame.
- Several Warders - bloody faces or gaping wounds. Swords and spears danced about their heads, threatening. Their auras flashed wildly, flickered on the knife edge of death.
- Dead men walking - they would die on the same day as the Aes Sedai in the entry hall, or at most a day later.
- Some of the servants - signs of violence.
- Another Aes Sedai - chains in the air around her.
- Yet another Aes Sedai - a silver collar around her neck.
- Gawyn - streaks of dried blood had made his face a grim mask. He was going to be wounded on the day the Aes Sedai died. He was going to be hurt more than the blood told, hurt somehow deeper than wounds to his flesh.
- Gawyn - that bloody mask again. More: a sword floated above his head, and a banner waved behind it. The long-hilted sword, like those most Warders used, had a heron engraved on its slightly curved blade, symbol of a blademaster, and Min could not say whether it belonged to Gawyn or threatened him. The banner bore Gawyn's sigil of the charging White Boar, but on a field of green rather than the red of Andor.
- Leane - a transparent mask of her own face, a screaming mask.
- Siuan - she was lying on the floor, naked. Aside from her being in only her skin, there was something odd about the image. She has no idea what it means.
- Logain - a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come.
- A groom - he was stealing.
- A fire-haired novice and a guard - they would be married soon. There was a farm in that pair's future, and a swarm of children.
- Gawyn - Gawyn kneeling at Egwene's feet with his head bowed, and Gawyn breaking Egwene's neck, first one then the other, as if either could be the future. She had never seen that fluttering back and forth, as though not even the viewing could tell which would be the true future. Worse, she had a feeling near to certainty that it was what she had done this day that had turned Gawyn toward those two possibilities.
- Siuan and Leane, after they are stilled � She saw no images, no auras, around either; there were always images and auras around Aes Sedai.
- Logain - that flaring halo of gold and blue shone about his head, speaking of glory to come.
- Logain - a halo flared around his head, a radiant crown of gold and blue.
- Sheriam - Rays of silver and blue flashed about her fiery hair, and a soft golden light; Min could not say what it meant.
- Carlinya - an image of a raven floating beside her dark hair; more a drawing of the bird than the bird itself. She thought it was a tattoo, but she did not know its meaning.
- Edesina - a silvery collar suddenly appeared, snug around the woman's neck, and as suddenly seemed to shatter. She did not like viewings connected to the Seanchan. At least Edesina would escape somehow.
- Gareth Bryne and Siuan Sanche - "When Bryne came in, I had a viewing. An aura, and a bull ripping roses from around its neck and... None of it matters except the aura. I didn't really understand that, but more than anything else. If you want to stay alive, you had better stay close to him. If he stays close to you, you live. If he gets too far away, for too long, you are going to die. Both of you. I don't know why I should have seen anything about you in his aura, but you seemed like part of it."
- Faolain - "A nasty woman. You'd think, if there was any justice, she would have an unpleasant future ahead of her."
- Marigan, Areina and Nicola - "Those three you brought with you are trouble."
- Rand - Elayne says to Min, "You saw that we are going to fall in love." Min replies, "Not exactly. I saw you'd fall in love with him. I don't know what he feels for you, only that he's tied to you in some way." "And you saw there would be someone else. Someone I'd have to...share...him with." "Two. Two others. And....And I'm one."
- Enaila - A wreath of some sort; Min had no idea what it meant.
- Rand - Countless thousands of sparkling lights, like stars or fireflies, rushed into a great blackness, trying to fill it up, rushed in and were swallowed. There seemed to be more lights than she had ever seen before, but the darkness swallowed them at a greater rate, too.
- Rand - And there was something else, something new, an aura of yellow and brown and purple that made her stomach clench. "Aes Sedai are going to hurt you. Women who can channel, anyway. It was all confused. I'm not sure about the Aes Sedai part. But it might happen more than once. I think that's why it seemed all scrambled."
- Melaine - "You will have two daughters, twins like mirrors."
- Perrin - "He's found his falcon, and I wouldn't be surprised if she kills him when the hawk appears."
- Rand and Perrin - "When you two were together, I saw those fireflies and the darkness stronger than ever...But with the two of you in the same room, the fireflies were holding their own instead of being eaten faster than they can swarm, the way they do when you're alone. And there's something else I saw when you two were together. Twice he's going to have to be there, or you... If he's not, something bad will happen to you. Very bad. It will happen if he is not there, but nothing I saw said it won't because he is. It will be very bad, Rand."
- Bera and Kiruna - brownish yellow and deep purple. Later, talking to Rand - "It's the aura. Blood, death, the One Power, those two women and you, all in the same place at the same time."
- Colinda - "I saw - No. No, it doesn't have anything to do with you. (Rand) Maybe the heat is affecting me. When I know, I always know. It must be the heat."
- Maringil was going to die by poison.
- Colavaere would die by hanging.
- Meilan would die by the knife.
- Aracome and Maraconn and Gueyam were all going to die, too, bloody deaths, in battle, Min thought.
- Berelain - "Just a man in white who will make her fall head over heels."
- Mazrim Taim - "He has blood in his past and blood in his future. He is a dangerous man."
- Rand - "I saw you and another man. I couldn't make out either face, but I knew one was you. You touched, and seemed to merge into one another, and....one of you dies, and one doesn't."
- Rand - What good to tell him he would almost certainly fail without a woman who was dead and gone?
- Moiraine - Moiraine was the only viewing of hers that had ever failed.
- Caraline and Darlin - auras of red and white flashed around her and Darlin, and Min knew. The colors never seemed to matter, but she knew that they would marryafter Caraline had led him a merry chase.
- Darlin - a crown suddenly appeared on Darlin's head, a simple golden circlet with a slightly curved sword lying on its side above his brows. The king's crown he would wear one day, though of what country, she could not say. Tear had High Lords instead of a king.
- Daved Hanlon - bruised hues so dark they seemed nearly black. His hands would be red with more rapes and murders before he died.
- Fain - She saw no auras around him.
- Rand - "It's Cadsuane. She is going to teach you something, you and the Asha'man. All the Asha'man, I mean. It's something you have to learn, but I don't know what it is, except that none of you will like learning it from her. You aren't going to like it at all."
- Elayne - "She'll get with child from this. Two of them; a boy and a girl; both healthy and strong."
- Aviendha - Aviendha would have Rand's babies, too. Four of them at once! Something was odd about that, though. The babies would be healthy, but still something odd.
- Birgitte - Auras danced around her and images flickered, more than Min had ever seen around anyone, thousands it seemed, cascading over one another. Those multitude of images and auras flashed by too quickly for her to make out any clearly, but she was certain they indicated more adventures than a woman could have in one lifetime. Strangely, some were connected to an ugly man who was older that she, and others to an ugly man who was much younger, yet somehow Min knew they were the same man.
- Alivia - Rand asks, "Have you had any viewings of her, Min?" Min replies, "All the time, but not the kind you mean, nothing I understand."
- Alivia - "Rand, I like Alivia. But she is going to kill you." Rand replies, "Helping me die isn't the same as killing me. Unless you've changed your mind about what you saw."
- "Logain's aura still speaks of glory, stronger than ever."
- Davram Bashere - "And there's something...dark...in the images I saw around Lord Davram."
- Logain � Min still sees the aura of glory around him.
- Com and Doni � Min views something tragic about them.
- Rand � Fireflies consumed by darkness.
- Rand � Three women before a pyre.
- Rand � Flashes of light, darkness, shadow, signs of death, crowns, injuries, pain and hope.
- Rand � Dragonmount cloaked in dark shadows, as if shaded by clouds high above, with a tiny prick of light shining from the heavens down onto the point of the mountain.
- Nynaeve � She was kneeling over someone's corpse in a posture of grief.
- Beldeine � A black knife spun around her head
- Rand - An open cavern, gaping like a mouth.
- Rand - Bloodstained rocks.
- Rand - Two dead men on the ground, surrounded by ranks and ranks of Trollocs.
- Rand - A pipe with smoke curling from it.
- Dark clouds pushed away by the sunlight's warmth. Rand, a brilliant white sword held in his hand, wielded against one of black, held by a faceless darkness.
- Trees, growing healthy and full.
- An inn in the Two Rivers with the mark of the Dragon's Fang inlaid on the door, a sign of victory and hope, not darkness or hate.
- A silver axe, the man will be a leader in the Last Battle.
- A woman will be trained in the White Tower and become Aes Sedai.
- Another man will save her life.
- Rand � A glowing sword, Callandor, being gripped in a black hand.
- Tenobia � a spear hovering over her head, bloody, but shining in the light
- Ethenielle � white doves meaning that she will soon be wed
- Easar and Paitar � swords, shields and arrows, they will fight soon