An Ogier Elder of Stedding Shangtai.
He has white hair, drooping white mustaches and a narrow beard. He is over half again as tall as Rand. (LoC,Ch20) He is white-haired with long white mustaches that fall past his chin and a long narrow beard that hangs to his chest. He was well above three hundred years old. (KoD,Ch19)
Chronology (Possible Spoilers)#
- Elder Haman and Covril leave Stedding Shangtai and the Great Stump to go in search of Loial. They travel to Cairhien then to Stedding Tsofu where they pick up Erith then they all three head for Caemlyn. (KoD,Ch19)
- Elder Haman, Covril and Erith arrive at Caemlyn looking for Loial. Rand tells them that Loial is in the Two Rivers and offers them the hospitality of the Royal Palace. Haman marks the location of all the Waygates on maps. (LoC,Ch20)
- Elder Haman, Covril, Erith and a lot of Maidens accompany Rand as he Travels to Shadar Logoth where Haman leads Rand to the Waygate. Afterwards, Rand drops the Ogier off at Emond's Field. (LoC,Ch21)
- Learning that Loial already left Emond's Field, Elder Haman, Covril and Erith travel back to Caemlyn then back to Cairhien. Discouraged, they decide to return to the Great Stump at Stedding Shangtai. They stop at Lord Algarin's manor on the way. (KoD,Ch18, KoD,Ch19)
- Elder Haman marries Erith and Loial on the spot. Covril wants to return immediately to Stedding Shangtai to argue for opening the Book of Translation. Loial is aghast and wants to argue against it. They see Trollocs coming and pick up axes and long knives. (KoD,Ch19)
- After the battle, Loial tells Rand he must return to Stedding Shangtai for the Great Stump. Elder Haman offers to take up his quest to finish closing the Waygates. (KoD,Ch20)
- Haman tells Elayne that all of the Ogier have come to fight for them. (AMoL,Ch7)
Other References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In The Eye of the World
- TEotW,Ch36 - Elder Haman is often exasperated with Loial because he does not listen.
- TEotW,Ch43 - As they head to the Waygate, Loial thinks Elder Haman would say he is getting what he deserves.
- TEotW,Ch46 - Haman, like many of the other Elders, often speaks of his visit with the Green Man.
- In The Great Hunt
- TGH,Ch15 - Loial thinks Elder Haman would disapprove of him treesinging a quarterstaff and say he is putting a long handle on his axe.
- TGH,Ch25 - Elder Haman thinks Galldrian is a disgrace.
- TGH,Ch26 - Loial is reluctant to leave the inn for fear of meeting other Ogier. He is probably in big trouble with Elder Haman.
- In Lord of Chaos
- LoC,Ch49 - Loial is nearly in shock when he hears that his mother, Elder Haman and Erith came looking for him. He begins to have second thoughts, however, when he recalls how beautiful Erith is.
- In Crossroads of Twilight
- CoT,Ch24 - Loial is confident that Elder Haman will agree to post guards at the Stedding Shangtai Waygate.
The general rule is that the year to include in a copyright notice is the year of first publication of the work.
Copyright (c) 1998 by Gary Kephart