aka: Green Man
He is man-shaped and as much bigger than an Ogier as an Ogier is bigger than a man. He appears to be made of woven leaves and vines. He hair is grass, his eyes are hazelnuts and his fingernails are acorns. There is a deep scar running up his head. (TEotW,Ch48)
Chronology (Possible Spoilers)#
- Someshta dances as Coumin participates in his first singing. (TSR,Ch26)
- During the Breaking, Someshta is set to guard the Eye of the World. (TSR,Ch26)
- Moiraine and her party find the Green Man the second day in the Blight, before they reach the Mountains of Dhoom. (TEotW,Ch49)
- The Green Man takes Moiraine and the others to a cave where the Eye of the World is located. When Aginor and Balthamel arrive he commands them to leave. Balthamel burns him, but he grabs Balthamel, rotting him. As he dies, he grasps an acorn, which grows into a mighty oak. (TEotW,Ch50)
Other References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In The Eye of the World
- TEotW,Ch4 - Thom offers to tell stories of the Green Man.
- TEotW,Ch6 - Rand has heard stories that Avendesora belongs to the Green Man.
- TEotW,Ch42 - Moiraine concludes that they must make haste to the Green Man to warn him about the danger to the Eye of the World.
- TEotW,Ch42 - Loial says that no Ogier has visited the Green Man in quite some time.
- TEotW,Ch46 - The Elders at Stedding Shangtai often talk about their visits to the Green Man.
- TEotW,Ch48 - The Green Man has always been found beyond the high passes of the Mountains of Dhoom.
- TEotW,Ch52 - With the Green Man gone, his garden begins to die as well.
- TEotW,Ch53 - Moiraine tells Lord Agelmar that the Green Man is dead.
More Category Characters