An Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah and a Sitter until her exile.
She is short and slightly plump with smooth copper skin, dark eyes and long glossy dark hair. She is attractive, but not beautiful. (TPoD,Ch26)
Points of View#
See Toveine's chapter points of view.
Chronology (Possible Spoilers)#
- In 985 NE Marith Jaen exiles the Sitters for the Red Ajah, Toveine, Tsutama and Lirene Doirellin, for their role in gentling male channelers beyond the walls of the White Tower. (ACoS,Prologue, TPoD,Ch26, blog)
- Toveine is called out of exile to lead the fifty Aes Sedai sent to take out the Black Tower. Her orders are to gentle and hang every man they find. (ACoS,Prologue, WH,Prologue)
- Toveine and her party are captured by a group of Asha'man led by Logain. Logain bonds her. (TPoD,Ch26)
- At the Black Tower, Toveine is beaten by the other Aes Sedai who blame her for their capture. (WH,Prologue)
- Gabrelle convinces Toveine that the captured Aes Sedai must stand united. They will submit to the strongest Aes Sedai there, Desandre and Lemai. (WH,Prologue)
- Gabrelle and Toveine are riding with Logain near the Black Tower when Atal Mishraile brings news the Taim will let him go recruiting. They are determined to go with him. (CoT,Prologue)
- Guided by the missing Aes Sedai's Warder, Logain Travels to find Rand accompanied by Bashere and a hundred of his horsemen, a half dozen other Asha'man, eight Aes Sedai including Toveine, Gabrelle and Samitsu, Loial and Karldin. (CoT,Ch24)
- Toveine writes to the Red Ajah informing them of the debacle at the Black Tower and blaming it on Elaida. (KoD,Prologue)
- Gabrelle and Toveine wear themselves out disposing of corpses after the Trolloc raid on Lord Algarin's manor. (KoD,Ch20)
- Gabrelle, Toveine and Logain accompany Rand to his meeting with the Daughter of the Nine Moons. Gabrelle and Toveine wait a few miles away with the Saldaeans and most of the others while Logain is one of the six who accompany Rand to Lady Deirdru's manor. (KoD,Ch27)
- Abors and Mishraile pull Toveine into the room. Taim orders his men to Turn Toveine next. (AMoL,Ch10)
Other References (Possible Spoilers)#
The general rule is that the year to include in a copyright notice is the year of first publication of the work.
Copyright (c) 1998 by Gary Kephart