The nation of Saldaea was formed early in the War of the Hundred Years. The governors of Artur Paendrag Tanreall's five northern provinces met and agreed to form stable nations to preserve the peace and defend against the Blight. Rylen t'Boriden Rashad was the first King of Saldaea.
Saldaea is ruled by Queen Tenobia. Her Marshal-General is her uncle Davram Bashere. Her full title is Her Illumined Majesty, Tenobia si Bashere Kazadi, Shield of the North and Sword of the Blightborder, High Seat of House Kazadi, Lady of Shahayni, Asnelle, Kunwar and Ganai.
As with most nations of the Westlands, there are numerous strong noble Houses that wield influence. Known Houses of Saldaea are listed below.
References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In the Guide
- TWoTRPG - Information on the history and culture of Saldaea.
- In New Spring
- In The Eye of the World
- TEotW,Ch13 - The gateman at Baerlon tells Moiraine there is some kind of trouble in Saldaea.
- TEotW,Ch14 - A bath attendant tells Thom and the boys that he heard there are Trollocs in Saldaea.
- TEotW,Ch20 - Bayle Domon tells Rand, Mat and Thom that the Trollocs were unusually bad this year in Saldaea.
- In The Great Hunt
- In The Dragon Reborn
- In The Shadow Rising
- In The Fires of Heaven
- In Lord of Chaos
- In A Crown of Swords
- In Crossroads of Twilight
- In Knife of Dreams
- In The Gathering Storm
- In Towers of Midnight