A very powerful ter'angreal
in the shape of a large shallow bowl. It allows the users to control the weather. It draws both saidin
even when used by women alone.
References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In Lord of Chaos
- LoC,Ch13 - In Tel'aran'rhiod, Nynaeve and Elayne use Need and find a weather controlling ter'angreal in the Rahad in Ebou Dar.
- LoC,Ch15 - Nynaeve and Elayne tell Sheriam, Carlinya and Morvrin about the ter'angreal they found.
- LoC,Ch36 - Elayne and Nynaeve tell Egwene about finding the ter'angreal.
- LoC,Ch39 - Egwene convinces the Sitters to let Elayne and Nynaeve go to Ebou Dar to search for it.
- LoC,Ch44 - Egwene sends Elayne and Nynaeve to Ebou Dar to search for the weather ter'angreal.
- LoC,Ch48 - In Ebou Dar, Nynaeve and Elayne tell Queen Tylin about their quest. Nynaeve bets Elayne that they will find it in ten days.
- LoC,Ch52 - Sixteen days later, they admit to Egwene that they still have not found it.
- In A Crown of Swords
- ACoS,Ch10 - Egwene contacts Elayne and Nynaeve in their dreams and tells them to stay in Ebou Dar and keep up their search.
- ACoS,Ch13 - Elayne, Nynaeve, Aviendha and Birgitte visit the Sea Folk to ask for help in using the ter'angreal. The Sea Folk know of it; it is called the Bowl of the Winds and has been missing for two thousand years.
- ACoS,Ch22 - Elayne and Nynaeve tell Mat about the Bowl of the Winds and ask for his help in finding it.
- ACoS,Ch23 - Elayne and Nynaeve ask the Kin about the Bowl of the Winds, but are thrown out.
- ACoS,Ch29 - Mat follows Solain of the Kin to the six story building where the Bowl of the Winds is stored.
- ACoS,Ch31 - Reanne Corly agrees to take Elayne to the six story building to get the Bowl of the Winds.
- ACoS,Ch38 - The good guys finally retrieve the Bowl of the Winds fighting off both Sammael's and Moghedien's minions.
- ACoS,Ch39 - Mat convinces the Sea Folk to go with Elayne and Nynaeve to the farm to use the Bowl.
- In The Path of Daggers
- TPoD,Ch2 - Moridin learns of the Bowl and is angered at the thought that Elayne and her group might fix the weather.
- TPoD,Ch5 - A circle of thirteen women led by Caire use the Bowl of the Winds. When activated it draws an enormous flow of saidin and saidar.
- TPoD,Ch6 - After the Bowl of the Winds is used, Renaile tries to claim it as part of the bargain. The Aes Sedai will not let her have it till the weather actually changes.
- TPoD,Ch20 - Twelve days after the Bowl of the Winds is used there is snow in Andor. Renaile claims the Bowl as part of the bargain between the Sea Folk and the Aes Sedai.
The general rule is that the year to include in a copyright notice is the year of first publication of the work.
Copyright (c) 1998 by Gary Kephart