A group of young soldiers who were trainees at the White Tower.
Possible Spoilers#When Elaida deposed Siuan Sanche as Amyrlin, they sided with Elaida and defeated many of the seasoned Tower Guard who sided with Siuan. They are led by Gawyn Trakand and follow his banner - the green boar. They are fearsome fighters although many are still teenagers.
References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In The Shadow Rising
- In The Fires of Heaven
- In Lord of Chaos
- LoC,Prologue - Elaida sends the Younglings with her embassy to Rand in Cairhien. She secretly intends to get rid of them.
- LoC,Ch25 - The Younglings guard Lady Arilyn's palace in Cairhien where the Aes Sedai are staying.
- LoC,Ch53 - The Younglings accompany the Aes Sedai as they head north from Cairhien back to Tar Valon.
- LoC,Ch53 - Galina Casban plans to have Sevanna and the Shaido kill the Younglings in a few days.
- LoC,Ch55 - Gawyn rallies the Younglings when the Shaido attack. Afterwards, he gathers his forces to ride away.
- In A Crown of Swords
- ACoS,Prologue - After the battle at Dumai's Wells - Gawyn brought 581 Younglings with him from Tar Valon but less than 200 survived. He is sure there was a plot to kill the Younglings, but not who is responsible. They have a brief battle with a group of Aiel heading east. The Aiel did not intend to attack; the Younglings were just in the way. They start to make camp, planning to head back to Tar Valon.
- ACoS,Ch32 - Gawyn and the Younglings accompany Covarla and the eleven other Aes Sedai who escaped Dumai's Wells back to Tar Valon but he and the Younglings are refused entry to the city.
- In The Gathering Storm
- TGS,Ch4 - The Younglings maintain their camp at Dorlan and harass Gareth Bryne's army.
- TGS,Ch13 - Gawyn abandons the Younglings when he learns that Egwene is in danger.
- TGS,Ch30 - Gawyn refuses to give up the Younglings to Gareth Bryne.
- ToM,Ch22 - Gawyn arranges with High Captain jimar Chubain for the remaining Younglings who do not want to become Warder to join the Tower Guard.