Points of View#
See Gawyn's chapter points of view.
Chronology (Possible Spoilers)#
- As a young boy, Gawyn barely knows Taringail, his father, who spends all his time with Galad. (TFoH,Ch16)
- Taringail warns his sons Galad and Gawyn about Aes Sedai and pretty women. (TGS,Ch30)
- In their early years, Galad twice saves Gawyn's life. (TEotW,Ch40)
- Gawyn and Elayne meet Rand in the Royal Palace gardens. (TEotW,Ch40)
- Gawyn accompanies Elayne from Caemlyn to Tar Valon. (TGH,Ch4)
- Elayne introduces Egwene to Galad and Gawyn. Gawyn is quite interested that Egwene is from the same village as Rand. (TGH,Ch24)
- Morgase learns that Elayne is missing. She is so angry she almost takes Galad and Gawyn from the White Tower. They barely talk her out of it. (TDR,Ch13)
- Galad and Gawyn question the girls about where they have been until Nynaeve throws them out. (TDR,Ch16)
- Mat happens by the Warder training area where Galad and Gawyn are practicing swords. He beats them both with a quarterstaff. Gawyn asks him about Rand. (TDR,Ch24)
- Gawyn runs into Min just after she returns to the White Tower. He demands to know where Egwene and Elayne are, but she does not know. (TSR,Ch1)
- Gawyn again questions Min about Egwene and Elayne. (TSR,Ch17)
- In the battle of the White Tower, Gawyn rallies the other students on the side of Elaida. He kills Hammar and Coulin. (TSR,Ch47)
- Gawyn confronts Min, Siuan and Leane as they try to escape. He is torn about what to do, but finally helps them leave Tar Valon because he does not want them killed. (TSR,Ch47)
- Gawyn and his Younglings skirmish with Whitecloaks on both sides of the Erinin River River. (TFoH,Prologue)
- When Galad leaves to join the Whitecloaks Gawyn stays at the White Tower. (TFoH,Ch16)
- Elaida sends Gawyn and his Younglings as an escort to the Aes Sedai embassy to Rand. Gawyn hears a rumor that Rand killed Morgase and Elayne. (LoC,Prologue)
- Egwene runs into Gawyn at Lady Arilyn's palace. She makes him promise not to go after Rand till she can prove that he did not kill Morgase. (LoC,Ch25)
- Egwene and Gawyn spend the morning kissing in The Long Man. (LoC,Ch27)
- Egwene and Gawyn continue to meet every morning in The Long Man. (LoC,Ch32)
- Rand writes to Gawyn inviting him to the Sun Palace, but Gawyn ignores the invitation. (LoC,Ch50)
- Gawyn and the Younglings accompany Galina and the Aes Sedai when they leave Cairhien for Tar Valon. (LoC,Ch53)
- Gawyn discovered that Galina is holding Rand and Min days after they leave. (LoC,Ch55)
- Gawyn rallies the Younglings when the Shaido attack. During the battle, Rand saves his life. Afterwards, he vows to see Rand dead. (LoC,Ch55)
- After the battle at Dumai's Wells he sees Galina fall but does not know who she is. He wishes he could kill Rand, but he promised Egwene that he would not. He is sure that the Aes Sedai intended for the Younglings to be wiped out in the battle. After another skirmish with Aiel, they make camp and plan to head back to Tar Valon. (ACoS,Prologue)
- Gawyn and the Younglings accompany Covarla and the eleven other Aes Sedai who escaped Dumai's Wells back to Tar Valon but he and the Younglings are refused entry to the city. (ACoS,Ch32)
- Gawyn and the Younglings join Covarla and the others in Dorlan. (CoT,Prologue)
- Narenwin arrives at Dorlan from the White Tower with new orders for Gawyn from Elaida. (CoT,Prologue)
- Gawyn and his Younglings scout Gareth Bryne's troops as they search villages near Dorlan. He struggles with his loyalties to Egwene, Elayne and the White Tower. (TGS,Ch4)
- Gawyn learns that Egwene is a prisoner in the White Tower. He abandons Dorlan and the Younglings to seek out help to rescue her. (TGS,Ch13)
- Gawyn rides to Gareth Bryne's camp and attacks the guards to get attention. He talks with Bryne about rescuing Egwene. They also talk about Morgase and Rand. They discover Shemerin hiding in the camp. (TGS,Ch24)
- Gawyn argues with Lelaine and Romanda about rescuing Egwene but they stonewall him. He talks with Gareth Bryne about his allegiances. He feels that something bad is coming and he does not know what to do. (TGS,Ch30)
- Siuan wakes from her meeting with Egwene knowing something is wrong. She and Bryne quickly learn of the attack on the White Tower. Siuan gets Gawyn to help her stage a rescue and Bryne reluctantly agrees to help, but only after Siuan bonds him as her Warder. (TGS,Ch40)
- Siuan, Gawyn, Bryne and his soldiers enter Tar Valon and make their way to the White Tower. Siuan and Bryne save each others- lives. They find an exhausted Egwene and bring her back to the rebel camp. (TGS,Ch41)
- Gawyn camps outside of Egwene's tent. She is furious with him but he refuses to admit that he was wrong in rescuing her. (TGS,Ch43)
- Gawyn trails Egwene as she leads the army to Tar Valon. (TGS,Ch45)
- Gawyn follows Egwene to the White Tower and has to be ordered to stay behind when she goes to the Hall. (TGS,Ch46)
- Gawyn continues to lurk around Egwene. (ToM,Ch3)
- Gawyn and Sleete investigate the murder of Kateri Nepvue. He argues with Egwene about protecting her. (ToM,Ch5)
- Gawyn is mortified that Egwene plans to use herself as bait for Mesaana. (ToM,Ch15)
- Gawyn is near the Amyrlin's quarters against orders. He spots an assassin. He cannot catch him but he retrieves a strange knife. He bursts into Egwene's quarters setting off multiple wards. (ToM,Ch22)
- Egwene and Gawyn argue more about his role. In a snit, he leaves the White Tower and Travels to Caemlyn to be with Elayne. (ToM,Ch23)
- Egwene is infuriated when she learns that Gawyn left without permission. She sends a letter ordering him to return. (ToM,Ch27)
- In the Royal Palace garden, Elayne and Gawyn talk. Gawyn learns about Bloodknives from a sul'dam. He sends a messenger back to Egwene with the information but she never receives it. (ToM,Ch33, (ToM,Ch35)
- Gawyn reconsiders his talks with Egwene and Elayne and decides to return to the White Tower. When he learns that Elayne is in a dream meeting, he realizes the danger to Egwene and immediately arranges to Travel. He rushes to Egwene's chambers where he finds three Bloodknives. He barely manages to defeat them but he is severely wounded. (ToM,Ch37)
- Upon waking, Egwene finds Gawyn near death. She Heals him and bonds him as her Warder. (ToM,Ch38)
- Some time later, Egwene and Gawyn discuss the assassin. Something must be done about the Seanchan (People). Gawyn takes the ter'angreal rings from the three assassins. (ToM,Ch42)
Field of Merrilor#
- Elayne arrives at the Field of Merrilor with the Andorans and Cairhienin. Gawyn and Egwene go to meet them and Gawyn is overwhelmed when he sees Morgase. (ToM,Ch56)
- Gawyn pushes his way into Egwene's tent and proceeds to follow her where she goes until she tells him to go through a gateway and get Aes Sedai to return for healing and to tell Bryne to ready his soldiers. (AMoL,Ch1).
- Egwene finds Gawyn at Silviana's desk looking at a report about the latest new on Caemlyn. She then asks Gawyn about Leilwin and Domon. He says that he has them under guard and that Nynaeve vouches for them. Gawyn tells her about the note at the bottom of the report, which says that Rand wants to meet all the rulers in a half-hour. Egwene makes a gateway back to her tent in the Field of Merrilor and Gawyn comes with her. The grass is turning green as Rand walks across the field. She asks Gawyn to go find out how he's doing that. (AMoL,Ch5)
- Rand tells the leaders that they can each bring five to the meeting at the Field of Merrilor. Egwene brings Silviana, Saerin, Romanda, Lelaine and Gawyn. (AMoL,Ch5)
- Gawyn is riding beside Egwene as they cross into Kandor. Gawyn doesn't like to wait, but she reminds him that she and the Hall trust Bryne's assessment. Egwene and Gawyn were married the night before. Silviana rides up and tells Egwene that Elayne wants just one stationary hospital instead of several smaller ones at each battlefield. Gawyn agrees that it would be more efficient and secure. Egwene and Gawyn head to Egwene's tent where Leilwin and Bayle Domon sit guarded. (AMoL,Ch9)
Other References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In The Eye of the World
- In The Great Hunt
- In The Dragon Reborn
- In The Shadow Rising
- TSR,Ch1 - Min has viewings of Gawyn - streaks of dried blood had made his face a grim mask. He was going to be wounded on the day the Aes Sedai died. He was going to be hurt more than the blood told, hurt somehow deeper than wounds to his flesh. That bloody mask again. More: a sword floated above his head, and a banner waved behind it. The long-hilted sword, like those most Warder used, had a heron engraved on its slightly curved blade, symbol of a blademaster, and Min could not say whether it belonged to Gawyn or threatened him. The banner bore Gawyn's sigil of the charging White Boar, but on a field of green rather than the red of Andor.
- TSR,Ch11 - Egwene dreams of Gawyn with his eyes full of pain and hatred.
- TSR,Ch47 - Min has a viewing of Gawyn - Gawyn kneeling at Egwene's feet with his head bowed, and Gawyn breaking Egwene's neck, first one then the other, as if either could be the future. She had never seen that fluttering back and forth, as though not even the viewing could tell which would be the true future. Worse, she had a feeling near to certainty that it was what she had done this day that had turned Gawyn toward those two possibilities.
- In The Fires of Heaven
- In Lord of Chaos
- LoC,Prologue - Morgase worries about Elayne, Gawyn and Galad.
- LoC,Ch9 - Niall orders Balwer to find Elayne and Gawyn and bring them to Amador.
- LoC,Ch14 - Egwene gets trapped in Gawyn's dream about her.
- LoC,Ch15 - Egwene dreams of Gawyn - Him kneeling while she cupped his head in her hands. Twice, right on top one another, she dreamed of taking Gawyn by the shoulders and trying to turn him to face the other way against his will. Once he brushed her hands away roughly; the other time, she was somehow stronger than he. The two blended together hazily. In another he began swinging a door closed on her, and she knew if that narrowing gap of light vanished, she was dead.
- LoC,Ch18 - Egwene still blushes when she thinks of Gawyn's dream.
- LoC,Ch24 - Egwene dreams of Gawyn again.
- LoC,Ch25 - Egwene realizes that her dream of Gawyn means that she will bond him as her Warder.
- LoC,Ch33 - When Egwene leaves for Salidar she sends a goodbye note to Gawyn at The Long Man.
- LoC,Ch53 - Galina plans to have the Shaido kill Gawyn and the Younglings.
- In A Crown of Swords
- ACoS,Ch10 - Egwene would like to marry Gawyn. She knows that she will bond him as that is the only one of her dreams that she has clearly interpreted.
- ACoS,Ch26 - Morgase believes that Elayne and Gawyn are still safe in the White Tower.
- ACoS,Ch32 - Elaida ordered Galina to make sure that Gawyn was killed.
- In The Path of Daggers
- In Winter's Heart
- In Crossroads of Twilight
- CoT,Ch12 - Elayne still does not have news of Gawyn or Galad. She hopes that Elaida has not learned that Gawyn helped Siuan escape.
- CoT,Ch16 - Egwene knows she will bond Gawyn as Warder, but she does not know if he is in Tar Valon or on his way to Caemlyn.
- CoT,Ch20 - Gawyn's dreams still threaten to pull Egwene in.
- In Knife of Dreams
- In The Gathering Storm
- In Towers of Midnight