The Erinin River flows west out of the Spine of the World and forms the southern borders of Shienar, then Arafel. It then turns south and flows all the way to the Sea of Storms ending at the Fingers of the Dragon at Tear. It is the western border of Cairhien and the eastern border of Andor. The Erinin River splits at the island of Tar Valon. The western branch is called the Alindrelle Erinen and the eastern branch, the Osendrelle Erinin.
Towns along the river#
From north to south.
References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In the Guide
- In New Spring
- In The Great Hunt
- TGH,Ch10 - Ingtar and his party following the Horn cross the Erinin River heading south. This far north, the Erinin is only sixty paces wide.
- TGH,Ch16 - The Erinin is over a hundred leagues north of the western end of Kinslayer's Dagger.
- TGH,Ch18 - The Amyrlin's party travels down the Erinin to Tar Valon.
- In The Dragon Reborn
- In Lord of Chaos
- In Winter's Heart
- In Crossroads of Twilight
- CoT,Ch10 - The estates of House Matherin are twenty miles from the River Erinin across the Chishen Mountains near the Murandy border.
- CoT,Ch12 - In return for some Windfinders staying behind, Elayne cedes some land on the River Erinin to Zaida and the Sea Folk.
- CoT,Ch16 - Where the River Erinin splits around Tar Valon, the western branch and eastern branch are respectively known as the Alindrelle Erinin and the Osendrelle Erinin.
- CoT,Ch16 - Egwene and Gareth Bryne scout Tar Valon from the bank of the Alindrelle Erinin.
- CoT,Ch30 - Egwene crosses the Alindrelle Erinin to Northharbor in a small boat in her attempt to block the harbor.
- In Knife of Dreams
More Category Geography