A Shienaran lord and warrior. His sign is the Gray Owl.
He is dark and stocky with dark eyes. (TGH,Ch6)
Chronology (Possible Spoilers)#
- Ingtar greets Moiraine, Lan and the others and takes them to Lord Agelmar. Later, he brings in Padan Fain. (TEotW,Ch46)
- Ingtar leads Moiraine, Lan and the others to the Blight border. He complains that this will make him late arriving at Tarwin's Gap. (TEotW,Ch48)
- Ingtar takes Moiraine, Lan and the others to Lord Agelmar. He grumbles that he missed the battle at Tarwin's Gap. (TEotW,Ch53)
- Ingtar attends the Darkfriend meeting near Shayol Ghul and receives orders from Ba'alzamon. (TGH,Prologue)
- Ingtar accompanies the Amyrlin's procession as it approaches Fal Dara. (TGH,Ch1)
- When the attack begins, Ingtar sends Rand away when a Fade appears. He then goes to the dungeon with the Fade and frees Padan Fain. Later, he reports that the Horn was stolen. He knew nothing about earlier orders to bar the gates. (TGH,Ch6)
- Ingtar and other Shienaran soldiers gather in the courtyard preparing to leave. (TGH,Ch8)
- He talks to Siuan and then leads a group to recover the Horn. (TGH,Ch9)
- Hurin leads the boys, Loial and Ingtar and the Shienarans south. (TGH,Ch10)
- Mat, Perrin, Ingtar and the Shienarans bed down away from Rand. (TGH,Ch11)
- Ingtar is furious that Hurin is missing. Perrin tells him about the wolves and offers to lead them after the Trollocs. They continue south. (TGH,Ch14)
- Mat, Perrin, Verin, Ingtar and rest of the Shienarans encounter Urien who is looking for He Who Comes With the Dawn. (TGH,Ch28)
- Ingtar, Mat and Perrin join Rand and Loial just after the Horn is stolen. (TGH,Ch30)
- Rand, Mat, Perrin, Verin, Loial and Ingtar go to The Great Tree. Hurin reports that the Horn is in Lord Barthanes's manor. (TGH,Ch31)
- Ingtar accompanies Rand to Barthanes Damodred's party. (TGH,Ch32)
- Rand, Loial and Hurin collect Mat, Verin, Ingtar and Uno, report on the Waygate and return to the inn where they decide to try Stedding Tsofu. (TGH,Ch33)
- Rand, Mat, Perrin, Loial, Verin, Hurin, Ingtar and the Shienarans travel to Stedding Tsofu. They are met by Erith and encounter three Maidens. (TGH,Ch35)
- Rand, Mat, Perrin, Verin, Hurin and Ingtar meet with the council of Elders. They rejoin the others and go to the Waygate, but it is also blocked by Machin Shin. (TGH,Ch36)
- The party goes to the Portal Stone. Rand channels, bringing them to Toman Head, but four months are lost. (TGH,Ch37)
- Ingtar and the rest of the party ride across Toman Head searching for Fain's trail. They stop at a village for the night. (TGH,Ch41)
- Hurin, Mat and Perrin report that they found Fain's trail. It is decided that Ingtar will lead Rand, Mat, Perrin and Hurin into Falme. (TGH,Ch44)
- Ingtar, Rand, Mat, Perrin and Hurin recover the Horn of Valere and the ruby dagger. (TGH,Ch45)
- Ingtar confesses to Rand about being a Darkfriend and sacrifices himself so the others can escape. (TGH,Ch46)
Other References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In The Eye of the World
- In The Great Hunt
- TGH,Ch12 - Nynaeve comforts Egwene telling her that Ingtar will take care of Rand.
- TGH,Ch13 - Rand recalls that Ingtar told him they were three or four days from Hawkwing's monument.
- TGH,Ch16 - Rand and company reach the spire that Ingtar told him about.
- TGH,Ch17 - After returning from the other world, Rand decides they will make camp and wait until either the Darkfriends or Ingtar arrive.
- TGH,Ch25 - Rand hopes Ingtar will arrive soon.
- TGH,Ch27 - Rand wishes Ingtar would hurry up and arrive.
- TGH,Ch47 - Rand does not tell the others about Ingtar being a Darkfriend.
More Category Characters