A country in the Westlands.
Murandy is a monarchy ruled by a king or queen. The current ruler is King Roedran Almaric do Arreloa a'Naloy but he only has weak control of the country. Katrine do Catalan a'Coralle was the first Queen of Murandy.
References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In New Spring
- In The Great Hunt
- In The Dragon Reborn
- In The Shadow Rising
- In The Fires of Heaven
- TFoH,Prologue - Danelle reports to Elaida and her Council that Pedron Niall is conducting negotiations trying to get Altara and Murandy to cede land to Illian.
- TFoH,Ch11 - Murandy is a monarchy ruled by a king or queen.
- TFoH,Ch11 - Lugard is the seat of government for Murandy, but in fact King Roedran has little real power.
- TFoH,Ch12 - Siuan ordered Gareth Bryne to pull his troops back from a border dispute between Andor and Murandy.
- TFoH,Ch15 - Pedron Niall claims credit for resolving a dispute between Murandy and Illian.
- TFoH,Ch28 - The White Tower hoped to unite Murandy under a noble named Dulain, but he was killed.
- In Lord of Chaos
- LoC,Prologue - Pedron Niall sends Jaichim Carridin to Altara to stir up trouble in Altara and Murandy.
- LoC,Ch9 - Pedron Niall gets a report that Carridin is doing well causing trouble in Altara and Murandy.
- LoC,Ch22 - Mat and the Band of the Red Hand hear rumors of Dragonsworn in Murandy.
- LoC,Ch41 - Merana Ambrey is angry at the work of the Dragonsworn in Murandy.
- In A Crown of Swords
- ACoS,Prologue - Elaida is from north Murandy.
- ACoS,Ch7 - Mat has reports of Mat's army in Murandy or Altara.
- ACoS,Ch11 - Egwene and Salidar Aes Sedai are in Murandy at the end of the Cumbar Hills south of Lugard.
- ACoS,Ch15 - Pedron Niall ordered Carridin to cause turmoil in Altara and Murandy so the Whitecloaks could come in and save the day.
- In The Path of Daggers
- In Winter's Heart
- WH,Ch27 - Elayne implies to the Borderlands rulers that Rand is in Murandy.
- WH,Ch31 - Tylin and Suroth hastily return to Ebou Dar when Suroth learns that an army disappeared in Murandy.
- WH,Ch32 - While Rand listens in The Golden Wheel, a Far Madding trader tries to convince Master Azereos that Roedran building his army has Murandy too unsettled for him to move his trade to Lugard.
- In Crossroads of Twilight
- CoT,Prologue - The Whitecloaks in Amadicia hear rumors of an Andoran army in Murandy.
- CoT,Ch10 - The lands of Andoran House Matherin are near the Murandy border.
- CoT,Ch13 - At the age of fifteen, Dyelin Taravin successfully led her House against raiders from Altara and Murandy.
- CoT,Ch14 - Lord Pelivar, Lady Arathelle and Lady Aemlyn leave Murandy and move back into Andor.
- CoT,Ch22 - In Murandy, Tarna Feir encounters a party of Asha'man recruiting.
- CoT,Ch29 - The Damona Mountains line the border between Altara and Murandy.
- In Knife of Dreams
- KoD,Ch11 - While their main push is toward Illian, the Seanchan (People) have a full army on the Murandy border to prevent attack from Murandy or Andor.
- KoD,Ch20 - Coins in Altara and Murandy are lighter than those of other nations.
- KoD,Ch25 - After finishing their commission with King Roedran Analoy of Murandy, Talmanes Delovinde sent half of the Band of the Red Hand north into Andor and took the rest into Altara to look for Mat.
- KoD,Ch27 - The next major push for the Seanchan is to retake Illian. They have an army stationed in the Molvaine Gap to avert attack from Murandy or Andor.
- In The Gathering Storm