A wide grassland surrounded by forest near the border of Shienar. There are ruins of a tower fortress across the north of the field. It is a large triangular area of Shienaran grassland, bounded on two sides by converging rivers — the Mora River and the Erinin River — and on the other by woods. The grass is broken by Dashar Knob, a rocky outcrop about a hundred feet high, with cliff walls, and on the Arafellin side of the Mora River the Polov Heights, a flat-topped hill about forty feet high, with gradual slopes on three sides and a steeper slope on the river side. Southwest of Polov Heights lies an area of bogs, and nearby, the Mora River's shallows, known as Hawal Ford, a convenient crossing place between Arafel and Shienar. There is an Ogier grove nearby, opposite some old stone ruins to the north.
There is a map of the Field of Merrilor in A Memory of Light hc p. 604.
References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In Towers of Midnight
- ToM,Ch3 - Rand confronts Egwene and the Sitters and announces that he will meet with the rulers of the world at the Field of Merrilor in one month. He will then go to Shayol Ghul and break the remaining seals.
- ToM,Ch22 - Gareth Bryne has a map showing Merrilor on the border of Shienar.
- ToM,Ch27 - Egwene writes to the rulers of the world asking them to join her at the Field of Merrilor.
- ToM,Ch47 -
- ToM,Ch52 - Elayne announces to her new Cairhien subjects that they will be marching to the Field of Merrilor.
- ToM,Ch53 - Perrin's army Travels to the Field of Merrilor. Armies from Tear, Illian and Cairhien are already there.
- ToM,Ch56 - Egwene and her army arrive at the Field of Merrilor. There are contingents from Illian and Tear with the Aiel. Perrin's army with Ghealdan and Mayene are there. Elayne arrives with Andor, Cairhien and some of the Band of the Red Hand. Rand arrives.
- ToM,Epilogue - The Borderlands army accompanies Rand to the Field of Merrilor and he makes his camp with them.
- In A Memory of Light
More Category Geography