Map: A map of Kandor is available in The Eye of the World hc p. 578, pb p. 688.
Kandor is one of the Borderlands. It lies between Saldaea on the west and Arafel on the east. The sign of Kandor is a rearing red horse on a field of pale green. The Plain of Lances runs across the north of Kandor. Chachin is the capital city.
The nation of Kandor was formed early in the War of the Hundred Years. The governors of Artur Paendrag Tanreall's five northern provinces met and agreed to form stable nations to preserve the peace and defend against the Blight. Jarel Soukovni was the first King of Kandor.
As with most nations of the Westlands, there are numerous strong noble Houses that wield influence. Known Houses of Kandor are listed below.
- Barklan Tower
- Farmay Tower
- Heeth Tower
- Rena Tower
References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In the Guide
- TWoTRPG - Information on the history and culture of Kandor.
- In New Spring
- In The Great Hunt
- In The Dragon Reborn
- In The Shadow Rising
- TSR,Ch13 - There is a guild for merchants in Kandor. Master merchants wear three silver across their chest.
- In The Path of Daggers
- In Winter's Heart
- In The Gathering Storm
- In Towers of Midnight
- ToM,Prologue - Northern Kandor has a series of fortified signal towers that allow quick communications between Chachin and the Blight border. An army of Shadowspawn attacks the towers.
- ToM,Ch7 - Lan and Bulen ride across the Plain of Lances.
- ToM,Epilogue - Barriga arrives at Heeth Tower to find it fallen. His caravan is overrun by Shadowspawn.