Points of View#
See Harine's chapter points of view.
Chronology (Possible Spoilers)#
- Shalon raises her little sister, Harine, because their mother is so busy with her duties. (WH,Ch24)
- Harine docks the White Spray at Aringill where Zaida din Parede Blackwing and her Swordmaster disembark. She then sets sail up the Alguenya River for Cairhien. (LoC,Ch5)
- Harine and the White Spray arrive at the docks of Cairhien. (LoC,Ch17)
- Harine sends Rand another petition for an audience. Berelain tells Rand that he should see her as she is getting angry at being delayed. (LoC,Ch28)
- According to Berelain Harine is quite angry with Rand for ignoring her requests for an audience. (ACoS,Ch18)
- Harine din Togara Two Winds, Shalon din Togara Morning Tide, Derah din Selaan Rising Wave and Taval din Chanai Nine Gulls meet with Rand and his entourage on the White Spray. Rand's ta'veren effect causes Harine to seriously weaken her bargaining position. She tells Rand all the Sea Folk ships have disappeared from the Aryth Ocean. (ACoS,Ch34)
- Harine completes a Bargain with Merana and Rafela. Part of the Bargain is that she will be the Sea Folk ambassador to Rand. (TPoD,Ch27)
- Harine and Derah confront Cadsuane and demand that she return Shalon. Cadsuane ignores them and has them escorted back to their rooms. (WH,Ch13)
- Harine, Shalon and Moad accompany Cadsuane when she Travels from the Sun Palace to Far Madding. Cadsuane assigns Sarene to instruct Harine. (WH,Ch23)
- Harine and Shalon accompany Cadsuane when she has an audience with the Counsels. They then accompany her to the palace where they stay. (WH,Ch24)
- Harine, Moad and Shalon accompany Rand, Cadsuane and the others from Far Madding to Shadar Logoth. Moad and Tomas keep Harine and Min sheltered in a depression during the battle that follows. (WH,Ch35)
- Verin delivers Harine, Moad and Shalon to Tear for the conclave to elect a new Mistress of the Ships. Harine immediately hires a boat to take them to the Sea Folk ships as she expects to be elected. (CoT,Ch23)
- Harine finds that the First Twelve are meeting in Illian, not Tear, so she sails to Illian. (KoD,Ch22)
- The First Twelve find her bargain with the Coramoor lacking. She is hung by her ankles and strapped but she still retains her position of Wavemistress of Clan Shodein. (KoD,Ch22)
- Zaida calls a meeting of the First Twelve and their Windfinders to meet with Logain. He brings an order from Rand to ship supplies to Arad Doman. Cemeille din Selaan Long Eyes arrives with the sad news that the Amayar committed mass suicide. (KoD,Ch22)
- Rand brings Harine and her entourage to his manor in Arad Doman to report on sending supplies. He is angry that more ships have not arrived, but she counters that the Seanchan have been harassing her ships. (TGS,Ch5)
Other References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In Lord of Chaos
- In A Crown of Swords
- In The Path of Daggers
- In Winters Heart
- WH,Prologue - Rand thinks that Cadsuane might be holding Shalon to gain leverage with Harine.
- WH,Ch13 - Harine has been Wavemistress of her clan for ten years.
- WH,Ch23 - Harine is a widow.
- WH,Ch24 - Harine is one of the First Twelve Wavemistresses.
- WH,Ch25 - Cadsuane tells Rand that Harine, Moad and Shalon are in Far Madding. He pleads with her not to tell them where he is and she agrees.
- In Knife of Dreams